Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Walden Farms Original BBQ

Options
Anyone tried using this stuff for any of their meat cooks? I've used it with steamed veggies and it is a decent sauce.

I was thinking about making some burnt ends soon but don't want to ruin the point with this stuff if anyone has tried it...
A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have never tried it nor heard of it. You said that it's only "decent" on vegetables. That would lead me to believe that you will find it to be only mediocre on meat as well. That being said I would trial run it on something less expensive first. Chicken wings or legs. Stuff such as that. Then you will know for sure if you like it's taste before trying it on something very expensive. Always better to be safe than sorry my friend. Just my thoughts.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I haven't tried it either, but I would be leery of any bbq sauce that claims to be calorie free.  It is probably full of artificial sweetener.  I could be wrong about that, but I would rather go with no sauce than a sauce that tastes like sweet n low.  I noticed they have a honey bbq sauce that claims no sugar.  Honey is about 90% sugar...so it makes me wonder what the heck they are putting in there ;)

IMO Stubbs is a great sauce with very little sugar. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DubfromGA
    DubfromGA Posts: 54
    Options
    I've tried and it is really bad tasting to me.   I do better with cider vinegar, yellow mustard, s&p and garlic.

It's hard to lose, but harder to keep off if you aren't vigilant.

3 years ago I lost 120 pounds.......since gained it all back because I was stupid.

I've got to get busy ASAP and do this again.
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    +1 on the Stubbs. Great flavor and low in sugar. Sauce is also pretty easy to make and then put only what you want (watch the ketchup if you're concerned about sugar).  
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.