Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Comments

• DMW said:
    Oh, BTW, just spoke with the hotel, they have my iPad and are shipping it to me. :clap: 
    See there?  I tried to tell you that............all kidding aside I'm glad you located it. 

Little Rock, AR

• Sad to here but I was expecting you to say the dog strangled himself. I crate train my dogs and when they get tired they go lay down in the crate on their own. Every dog needs a cave to hang out in and of course a few toys.
    LBGE,Mini Max,Stoker Meadow Lake Sask.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    DMW said:
    Oh, BTW, just spoke with the hotel, they have my iPad and are shipping it to me. :clap: 
    Having been the victim once of identity theft, I'm glad to hear your info hasn't fallen into nefarious hands.  I was victimized by information on a 2+ year old check I made a credit card payment with.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Zmokin said:
    DMW said:
    Having been the victim once of identity theft, I'm glad to hear your info hasn't fallen into nefarious hands.  I was victimized by information on a 2+ year old check I made a credit card payment with.
    Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine the cleanup process from that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Ron Jeremy stole my identity once...they couldn't tell us apart. :)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    henapple said:

Gesh I would not want to look like ya all then.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    henapple said:

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    cazzy said:
    henapple said:

That is just wrong!!  :o
    GWN
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    @cazzy

In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • DMW said:
    That's great! I probably would have turned around and drove back for mine as soon as I realized it was gone. :) 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    I'd be willing to make a donation to The Human Fund over all of this.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Henapple is swinging a hammer

• UncleFred said:
    When life gives you lemons... make lemonade.

Put the pieces in your garden with a sign like this... or maybe somebody here will BUY them for their garden!!

I briefly debated whether or not I could put it back together then realized it was a lost cause. Kind of like when I dropped the bottom tier of a wedding cake that was due the next day onto my garage floor whilst trying to balance it with one hand and open the fridge with the other. There was a short moment when I wondered if I could salvage it...then reality set in and I realized that even if I could have pieced it back together, scraping it off the garage floor wasn't exactly sanitary. Lol.  Needless to say I made a late night run to Wally World to get the supplies to bake a new one. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    henapple said:
    Then your mom be like

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    So let me catch up.... 

someone suggested a paypal or similar to help out OP Shannon
    it was suggested OP contact BGE HQ as supposedly they've gone above and beyond warranty in the past.
    OP could not find a mothership telco number so she's sent them a message.

.... Much forum hilarity /tangents have ensued...  Jocularity jocularity ( I never liked MASH but I remember the Father character).

she has posted here words to effect "you guys don't have to do this."
    that kind of post just spurs us gallant bastages on to still want to assist.
    The assistance idea IS STILL on the table but we're awaiting a reply to OP
    AM I  essentially accurate?

can someone post a good # at BGE HQ.  I have trouble finding the right # too.  
    Shannon can call Monday and not sit in limbo awaiting an email reply. 
    Methinks her calling and lamenting her plight might be better than a via web e-note anyway.  

Is is anyone working on an ABT variant using Sugar Gliders?   See I am crazy too
    :-)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Nanook said:
    Agree w/ @MaskedMarvel
    Call the Mothership (800.793.2292 press 5 for customer service), Talk to Bruce. Tell your story. Nothing to lose. My bet you are picking up a bottom tomorrow. It's right off 85 (first exit ITP) at spaghetti junction. 

@shannonlcorum . There you go 
    I tried to call but got Bruce's voicemail. I suspect maybe they don't work on Saturdays. I will call first thing Monday morning though. 
    ShannyShooShoo 

• Greeno55 said:
    Am I the only one here who is still waiting for proof that this so called "dog" even exists??  Pics or it didn't happen!  =)
    And the hostas have not been identified. 
    I will send pics of the hostas tomorrow. Lol
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • I really hope they will help you out. If not, I'm all for helping you out a little bit towards a new egg. I love to help out a neighbor/friend. Besides that, maybe this will start something great. You can continue to pay it forward. 

Little Rock, AR

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    DMW said:
    Zmokin said:
    DMW said:
    Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine the cleanup process from that.
    I had to close my bank accounts and open new accounts with new numbers, & order new checks, same thing with the credit card had to get a new card with a new number, and because the crooks had used my DL #, I had to get a new Driver's license.  It's been 6 or 7 years now, I still remember my old DL # and for the life of me can't seem to remember all of the new number in the correct order with confidence.  It sucks!!!  Fortunately, having been a longtime customer in good standing with both my bank & credit card, they didn't give me flak on crediting my money back to me.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Cool, Shannon.  With all the posts I missed the one saying you had procured a tele number.  I just was wondering where we were on the pay it fwd fund.  

If it does occur, just give em a big thanks.  I've seen members in other forums do similar and it's simply a feel good gesture.

If Bruce can not/will not offer a replacement, ask what the base will cost and if the hinge et al look damaged as well get those replacement charges as well.  Whether or not the hinge can be straightened/fixed, YOU may not be capable of doing that.. Just have estimates if the fund goes fwd and someone asks. 

Very cute  dog who looks innocent or at least contrite lol. 

Take care,

LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited April 2015

I've had a bully myself, can't justify the $2k+ for another one now that I have kids.

Seattle, WA
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    edited April 2015
    Henapple is swinging a hammer

New Albany, Ohio 

• SkinnyV said:

I've had a bully myself, can't justify the $2k+ for another one now that I have kids.

I got lucky and got him significantly cheaper. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    This thread is like mold, it wont die.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Cute puppy. You can tell he feels bad.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • SkinnyV said:

ShannyShooShoo 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Good thing he's so cute.  It sure would be hard to be mad at that face. 
    Phoenix 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    SkinnyV said:

Rescue one! 
    New Albany, Ohio