Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

newbie needs easy recipe for company

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My grill is medium size and I need some easy, can't-miss recipes for company. Would like to include grilled veggies and probably some kind of beef or maybe chicken. Also brought some Jack Daniels Whisky chips to try for the first time. Suggestions anyone?

Comments

• edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Ashley,
    I asked this same question last week as we are about to host a party. The consensus was to do pulled pork. But, since then I tried the Ginger Lime Chicken Kabobs are they were fantastic. I think I will be grilling those for our party. It is hard to screw up kabobs![p]

[ul][li]Dizzy Pig's Ginger Lime Chicken Skewers (Kabobs)[/ul]
  • edbro, it doesn't sound like you used any wood chips? Is that correct?

• edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Ashley,
    correct

• Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Ashley,
    if you like the whole "skewer" idea, you could also try pork tenderloin. cut in chunks, and marinate in zesty italian (you said "easy", right?). skewer with cherry tomatoes, chunks of bell pepper and onion and grill (indirect is my pref) in the 500-600 range. those chunks cook fast and are very tender. [p]serve with pitas and maybe, if you are feeling industrious, a simple zatziki sauce. good in-hand food for a group, standing, sitting, whatever.[p]if you're using bamboo, don't forget to soak the skewers for a few minutes...

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Ashley,[p]I really like JD chips with salmon.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

• Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Ashley,[p][p]5-6 nu-potatoes diced
    1-2 onions rough chop
    1 pepper rough chop
    5-6 large mushrooms sliced
    2 summer squash
    2 zucchini
    1 + cup baby carrots
    1 crown broccoli
    Mediterranean seasoning[p]Grill in grill basket and toss with vinaigrette.[p]Start potatoes and carrots early as they take a while........[p]Rick[p]

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Porkchop,
    kicking your helpful reminder a knotch higher I soak my wooden skewers in bulk and then freeze them and store in a bundle - that way I never have to remember to soak. Sign me old "burnt skewers once ruined a meal" Pratt...

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP,
    Great tip Ron, always ready to use right out of the freezer.[p]Thanks,
    Bordello
    aka New Bob