Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Big Steaks!

Options
Just made the best steaks I have ever tasted!

I had to be on my game since these were 2.25" thick aged 28 days graded prime beef, only 2% of the beef in Canada can be called prime! So I rubbed these up with EVO, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Put some cluck n squeal rub on two of them. Reverse seared the steaks at 250* with JD smoke chips. Removed at 115* internal temp, about 45 minutes. Let them rest while I got the egg cranked up to 600+ degrees. Seared them up in a cast iron pan at 600* with butter for 1 minute per side. Finished product was a perfect med rare wall to wall pink steak with amazing tenderness.  My mini ws bust making loaded baked potatoes with fresh butcher bacon!  My guest were blown away and we used the left over heat to make some chocolate chip cookies on the large!  

Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

Comments