Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    cazzy said:
    DMW said:
    @cazzy Yep, it's sent. As soon as it powers on and connects and I get confirmation, I'll feel better.
    Ton the other hand...they could juer turn their WiFi off and jack your data, assuming it's not password protected.
    Exactly. And I doubt it was even connected to the hotel WiFi, my little guy was just using it to watch his Mighty Machines videos.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    cazzy said:
    DMW said:
    @cazzy Yep, it's sent. As soon as it powers on and connects and I get confirmation, I'll feel better.
    Ton the other hand...they could juer turn their WiFi off and jack your data, assuming it's not password protected.
    Hahaha. Just had to plant that seed of doubt huh?  

Little Rock, AR

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Way to help him sleep better Carl. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist - Don't worry, all the bad scenarios have already been running through my head...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @DMW well I bet its locked up in the cleaning lady's office. Try not to worry yourself sick. 

Little Rock, AR

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I remember when thins was a much more friendlier place. I am so outa here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DMW
    Options
    @DMW well I bet its locked up in the cleaning lady's office. Try not to worry yourself sick. 
    Thanks, I should know for sure in about 12 hours.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I remember when thins was a much more friendlier place. I am so outa here
    Will you actually leave this time though!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    No @cazzy, not enough ttttttttt's
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Till tomorrow at least. I know you would like it to be longer.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Hiiiiiiiii
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Till tomorrow at least. I know you would like it to be longer.
    It's hard to stop looking at a fresh train wreck.
    Options
    SGH said:
    @sgh I just broke my large, mini max, and xl. I look forward to your generosity.
    If it really happened to you, I would be the very first to offer to help. 
    Brother working on his tax write offs for next year? :-) 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • FlashkaBob
    FlashkaBob Posts: 373
    Options
    SGH said:
    SkinnyV said:
    @SGH about those tractor rides, my boy is turning 6 soon.
    Brother I ride every kid in the neighborhood on my big tractor. Come on by. . .  About the only thing I enjoy as much as cooking is seeing a child happy. Bring him on by anytime.
    Ohhhhh . . . . . .  now I understand why you appeal to so many on this forum   =)  

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• Little Steven
    Options
    Hey darlin', you asked for nothing. If we can get this thing set up we can probably help. You have no reason to be defensive

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• shannonlcorum
    Options
    Legume said:
    Best post this year - woohooo!
    Yeah, I've had to laugh a few times. I can't believe all the directions this thing has gone. Lol
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    People:

She's going to call the mother ship and see if she can get a replacement part.  if not, she's going to buy the parts or a whole new egg (I would just buy the part(s)).  At that point we can help her out but there's nothing to do now to help her.  So keep calm and carry on. 
    I've sent a message on their contact page. We'll see what they say. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I'd take SGH up on his offer.  He does pretty well, loves to help people, and it's like you or I buying a box of wine.  He'll probably be insulted if you don't ;)

SGH said:
    At this point I really feel sorry for the lady. She posted about her egg getting broken and some attacked her without cause or justification. Heck if my egg got broke I would certainly post it. All that is irrelevant at this point. What is relevant is that there is now a sister egghead out there without a egg. Ma'am, if the mothership does not help you out, I will. Some of us are good people that are willing to help in a time of need. Call, text or PM me and I will pay for your egg. My gift to you sister. It comes with one condition though, please do not tie your bulldog to the egg again. Tie him to a tree!!
    Lol. I didn't tie him to the egg. His chain was staked several feet away. Unfortunately not far enough away. :(
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Yikes!!!  I know the feeling. Same thing happened to me once.  The lid fell out of the band after a clean burn and shattered on my concrete patio.  The sound it made still sends shivers down my spine when I think about it! lol  Learned my lesson the hard way about not having the bolts cranked down to the correct torque.  Never again!
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    Hey darlin', you asked for nothing. If we can get this thing set up we can probably help. You have no reason to be defensive
    Sorry, wasn't trying to sound defensive. It just seemed like people were getting mad at each other over stuff that had nothing to do with the original post and it sounded silly. I certainly did not mean to start any arguments. I was just sad about my egg. Where else would I post about it but here? I doubt the sugar glider forum would care about my egg. :)

ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

Dyal_SC said:
    Yikes!!!  I know the feeling. Same thing happened to me once.  The lid fell out of the band after a clean burn and shattered on my concrete patio.  The sound it made still sends shivers down my spine when I think about it! lol  Learned my lesson the hard way about not having the bolts cranked down to the correct torque.  Never again!
    We're you able to replace just the lid?
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Yes, you can buy all parts you need. Use any parts that are still intact.

Sorry for your accident, you will get past it.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Exact same thing happened to me. They replaced mine under warranty. I was devastated when it happened for sure. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    @shannonlcorum don't worry about the fighting.  Last week they were arguing about Ozark Oak.  Your thread just happen to be the catalyst today.

Its all good.  Part of the draw to this place is everyone gets lit on the weekends and fight like sibblings.  Then on Sunday they all sit down and have dinner together.

Just enjoy the show ;)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Yes ma'am.  They shipped me a new dome under warranty. My situation was a little different though. I wasn't the one who put it together and someone installed it looser than the instructions say to have it.  In hindsight I should have made sure the bolts were cranked down until they bent like the instructions specify.  
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Sorry, wasn't trying to sound defensive. It just seemed like people were getting mad at each other over stuff that had nothing to do with the original post and it sounded silly. I certainly did not mean to start any arguments. I was just sad about my egg. Where else would I post about it but here? I doubt the sugar glider forum would care about my egg. :)

The sugar glider forum? Sounds like fun. I think NOLA is on that one

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Options
    No.  I run the gerbil rescue forum.  Thanks for pegging me as an animal lover, because I am. 
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS