Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Dang I wish I could hold this together until DMW gets home..But the tides coming in fast..HIC.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Tell NOLA I had a couple of really intelligent responses but I keep getting the post approved thing

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Seriously call your insurance agent. My brothers dog ate my prescription glasses one time and his home owner's insurance paid to replace them.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    edited April 2015
    @SGH  Jenna Haze bumped the MM and it broke into oblivion.  Could you...awww hell forget about it!  It was a glorious scene. :lol: 
    Usually, I'm frustrated when people confuse the MM with THE MM. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @SGH  Jenna Haze bumped the MM and it broke into oblivion.  Could you...awww hell forget about it!  It was a glorious scene. :lol: 
    Usually, I'm frustrated when people confuse the MM with THE MM. 
    Tag Team :giggle: 
    Whoomp There It Is - Tag Team: https://youtu.be/Z-FPimCmbX8

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I'm home and unpacked. Just had my first one, many more to follow. On the way home it was discovered an iPad was left in the hotel room. Not a huge loss, original gen iPad. However...it was signed in to some accounts and didn't have a password lock. As soon as we realized it I stopped and did the find my iPad thing and sent a lock to it, but it was off net. So I've been changing all my passwords.

Oh, and let's say before we left the room I asked my wife if she did a sweep of the room to make sure we didn't forget anything. I mentioned double checking all the drawers. She said something about not putting anything in the drawers.

Turns out she may not have double checked for stuff. Let's say my stress level was already high. Apologies have been said by me for things I may have said...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Now back to the topic at hand, who thinks we should just do a controlled nuking of the bad actors before they get nucler weapons?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    DMW said:
    I'm home and unpacked. Just had my first one, many more to follow. On the way home it was discovered an iPad was left in the hotel room. Not a huge loss, original gen iPad. However...it was signed in to some accounts and didn't have a password lock. As soon as we realized it I stopped and did the find my iPad thing and sent a lock to it, but it was off net. So I've been changing all my passwords.

Oh, and let's say before we left the room I asked my wife if she did a sweep of the room to make sure we didn't forget anything. I mentioned double checking all the drawers. She said something about not putting anything in the drawers.

Turns out she may not have double checked for stuff. Let's say my stress level was already high. Apologies have been said by me for things I may have said...
    This may sound like an odd request, but any pics of the crime scene?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @DMW hell I can't even get mine to remember to lock the frigging doors at night. Hey at least your eggs aren't in pieces right now!

too soon?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    cazzy said:
    DMW said:

This may sound like an odd request, but any pics of the crime scene?
    I stopped the truck and went through all our stuff to make sure it wasn't in there somewhere. I was pretty pissed.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    edited April 2015

Jeremiah said:
    @DMW hell I can't even get mine to remember to lock the frigging doors at night. Hey at least your eggs aren't in pieces right now!

too soon?
    That's the thing. If she would have said, "no I didn't check", I would have gone around and made sure nothing was left. But she said yes, I did. So I just loaded everything in the truck.

Damn, now I'm pissed again.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    DMW said:
    Now back to the topic at hand, who thinks we should just do a controlled nuking of the bad actors before they get nucler weapons?
    Our own politicians for trying to police the world ? Yep sign me up.
    Seattle, WA
  • cazzy
    DMW said:

Jeremiah said:

too soon?
    That's the thing. If she would have said, "no I didn't check", I would have gone around and made sure nothing was left. But she said yes, I did. So I just loaded everything in the truck.

Damn, now I pissed again.
    Tell her you want to go to the nearest hotel and ride an elevator with her Ray Ray!
  • DMW
    @cazzy :rofl:

Just words here, just words.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Little Steven
    Holy sh!t. Can we just send this lady some money?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DMW
    Sorry, I thought this thread officially devolved to my personal rant space.

I apologize... Anyone have a go fund me thing setup?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Little Steven
    Yer such an adzole!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    edited April 2015
    Why?  SGH is going to buy her a new egg.  Said something about needing to swing his hammer tonight to make the money.  
  • DMW
    Yer such an adzole!
    I try...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    @DMW ... I kept looking for you to say you called the hotel ... dumb question maybe, but did you?  Hotels are used to folks leaving stuff behind and do a reasonably good job of finding and forwarding stuff if you call.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Little Steven
    DMW said:
    Yer such an adzole!
    I try...

You have talent son!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    cazzy said:
    Why?  SGH is going to buy her a new egg.  Said something about needing to swing his hammer tonight to make the money.  

The dude doesn't need to get outa breath. Hear he's loaded

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DMW
    @DMW ... I kept looking for you to say you called the hotel ... dumb question maybe, but did you?  Hotels are used to folks leaving stuff behind and do a reasonably good job of finding and forwarding stuff if you call.
    Yes, once I confirmed we didn't have it, I did call. Their head housekeeper had already left for the day and when they find items of value, it gets locked in her office. They will call me tomorrow morning to let me know if they have it. I'm really hoping they do, I'll rest much easier knowing where it is. Like I said, it's not so much the value of the iPad, it's my stuff on there.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Hehheh...  HEAD housekeeper..  That's a NICE hotel!!  :o
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• cazzy
    DMW said:
    Yes, once I confirmed we didn't have it, I did call. Their head housekeeper had already left for the day and when they find items of value, it gets locked in her office. They will call me tomorrow morning to let me know if they have it. I'm really hoping they do, I'll rest much easier knowing where it is. Like I said, it's not so much the value of the iPad, it's my stuff on there.
    Even if it's powered off, you can still send a wipe command.  It just won't happen until they power it back on.
  • DMW
    @cazzy Yep, it's sent. As soon as it powers on and connects and I get confirmation, I'll feel better.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @DMW - I agree - the anxiety of potential account rape is much worse than losing the hardware.   We still have a gen 1 and it works fine. I'm not sure if we've even hooked the thing up to itunes for years, but we don't log into anything but the library and cooking sites. 
    DMW said:
    @cazzy Yep, it's sent. As soon as it powers on and connects and I get confirmation, I'll feel better.
    Ton the other hand...they could juer turn their WiFi off and jack your data, assuming it's not password protected.