Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I keep reading along to see if we are gonna help her out. I'm just gonna mock and ridicule the rest of you. 

Little Rock, AR

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    FWIW, I wasn't trying to make a political point, I was trying to make a point about some on here being outraged over the OP's choice of words.  I used an example of where the media's choice of words I find far more outrageous.

I guess I chose a poor example, heck, some on here might now think I'm a Bush supporter, which I'm not.  Oops. now they might think I support Obama.  Well, they can be wrong on both counts.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Green Party.  Big Green Egg party.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2015
    Options
    People:

She's going to call the mother ship and see if she can get a replacement part.  if not, she's going to buy the parts or a whole new egg (I would just buy the part(s)).  At that point we can help her out but there's nothing to do now to help her.  So keep calm and carry on. 
    Is any one cooking tonight..I'm just drinkin...
    I am but I think im just going to drink with you. This is a delicious mess. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I'm just trying to get my post count up to get in on @cazzy 's spice exchange. 
    Options
    henapple said:
    Don't read the thread. ..just like the loving Iranians shouldn't have nukes.... 

Why not? They like us and will help with strategic defense... Against who, I don't know. NOLA says they are good folk so I'm in.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Options
    henapple said:
    Don't read the thread. ..just like the loving Iranians shouldn't have nukes.... 

Why not? They like us and will help with strategic defense... Against who, I don't know. NOLA says they are good folk so I'm in.
    Your reading comprehension is off my diminutive friend. 

Their government is controlled by a bunch of hard-core dicks.  I said most of the people are decent....more secular than most middle eastern countries with the exception of Israel (which is very secular).  
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lets cry for her because of a silly thread. She's an adult with a.luxury BBQ im sure she will figure it out folks. The dog is ok....i repeat the dog is ok.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    At this point I really feel sorry for the lady. She posted about her egg getting broken and some attacked her without cause or justification. Heck if my egg got broke I would certainly post it. All that is irrelevant at this point. What is relevant is that there is now a sister egghead out there without a egg. Ma'am, if the mothership does not help you out, I will. Some of us are good people that are willing to help in a time of need. Call, text or PM me and I will pay for your egg. My gift to you sister. It comes with one condition though, please do not tie your bulldog to the egg again. Tie him to a tree!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    @SGH you are a kind soul sir....i hope to shake thy hand one day @ brisket camp.
    Seattle, WA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Scottie, forensic analysis is done and the dog was not tied to the egg, but something else and ran around it in lasso fashion. 
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Scottie, forensic analysis is done and the dog was not tied to the egg, but something else and ran around it in lasso fashion. 
    I'm kidding of course. Take that back, accident tax I meant.
    Seattle, WA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @sgh I just broke my large, mini max, and xl. I look forward to your generosity.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH Scottie, I had the cat tied to my Porsche and he totaled it.  Can ya help me out my brother?
    Options
    @sgh I just broke my large, mini max, and xl. I look forward to your generosity.
    If it really happened to you, I would be the very first to offer to help. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SkinnyV
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Brother Scottie....the SRF wagyu brisket was destroyed.....help a brutha out. "OBAMA" style as they say.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH Scottie, I had the cat tied to my Porsche and he totaled it.  Can ya help me out my brother?
    Get a hair cut  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @SGH - you still coming into NOLA tonight?

PS - I did get a hair cut on Wed. 
    Options
    @sgh my cat walked across my keyboard while I was adjusting my 401k. I just lost 126k. Can you help a kindred spirit?
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    @SGH you know that really is quite touching.  Seriously.  You are a kind and decent man.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• nolaegghead
    Options
    no one accepts offers like that. 
    Options
    I just got back from DC and it was a rather "interesting" ride home with the family. Keep this thread going for at least another 40 minutes or so, m'kay?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    @SGH about those tractor rides, my boy is turning 6 soon.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH - you still coming into NOLA tonight?
    Man I want to but my wife has a severe stomach virus. Hate to leave her here alone. 

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @SGH  Jenna Haze bumped the MM and it broke into oblivion.  Could you...awww hell forget about it!  It was a glorious scene. :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    @SGH about those tractor rides, my boy is turning 6 soon.
    Brother I ride every kid in the neighborhood on my big tractor. Come on by. If he is 6, he is big enough to let him drive. About the only thing I enjoy as much as cooking is seeing a child happy. Bring him on by anytime.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @SGHJenna Haze bumped the MM and it broke into oblivion.  Could you...awww hell forget about it!  It was a glorious scene. :lol: 
    Brother husker, you know that I would be the very first to help you out. I might even help Jenna if she asked nice  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    @SGH that is a very nice and generous offer. The world needs more people like you.  Hope the wife is feeling better soon. :relaxed: 
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !