Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Night Flank Steak

Options
Having a wife that is a successful Engineer who can pretty much fix / build anything at the house ( I hold the zero end of the tape measure) while raising two kids I find that the egg gives my the satisfaction of contributing something to the household. Today was Flank Steak. marinated over night  450 degrees 4 min a side and a nice medium rare. 
"Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"

Comments

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    nice meal how long did you let the steak reast before cutting it?
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    I'd say that's a great contribution.  Great job!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Gooey1
    Gooey1 Posts: 96
    Options
    Let it rest for about 5 minutes should i wait longer? 
    "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    That looks PERFECT!  I don't know why I so often let mine get more done.  Wow that looks good!

I usually slice mine at an angle, the blade not exactly parallel to the surface, but it winds up with slices that are about the thickness of yours, but the width is more like 2 or 3 inches.  I've never cut it the way you did, but yours looks so GOOD I'm wondering if maybe it'd be better to slice them the way you did.  The "grain" looks longer, a bit stringier, the way I slice them.  Have you tried it both ways, and do you like this way better?

Part of the problem might be that I've had some health problems and haven't been able to grill for a very long time.  I think I'm finally going to get my Eggs going again soon, and your photos are making my stomach growl.  :)

Theo
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Home run! Perfect. 
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Nice looking steak.  My egging is my contribution to the household chores too.
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    On the money!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"