Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Comments

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Has anyone dealt with this site before?  Apparently, no fees.  Disclaimer: I have no experience whatsoever with this site.

http://www.youcaring.com/

LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    blasting said:
    Yeah, not to be a ****, but OP did something not so bright, and a luxury grill got broken.  I feel really bad for her (?), my own stomach is turning at the thought of it.  That said, I kinda figure charity is best suited to those in need of the necessities - not luxury goods.  I will say, you all are good people to offer.
    this
    Boom
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2015
    Zmokin said:
    Hibby said:
    Always annoyed when someone uses terms like "devastated" and "state of shock" to describe something so inconsequential as the loss of a grill. I begin reading with true concern and sadness only to find I've been deceived by the title. This won't be popular I'm sure, but grow up!
    Wow, I wonder how annoyed you must be by the news media.

I remember when the news media began blasting Bush for the "lack of" Weapons of Mass Destruction that Saddam Hussein supposedly had.  I'm pretty sure back then they were using the WMD phrase correctly in it's application to nuclear and chemical and biological warfare.

I know I was quite annoyed when the media decided to use the same phrase "wepons of mass destruction" for the Boston Marathon Massacre, by two terrorists with "pressure-cooker" bombs.  And I'm not saying the BMM wasn't a terrible thing, but if "pressure-cooker" bombs are now WMD's, then I'm quite sure Saddam had weapons far worse, so Bush wasn't a liar by this standard.

Truth is, the media was way out of line using the description of WMD for a little pressure cooker bomb.

Yet, you are annoyed about our fellow Egghead who actually used the word devastated per the definition.

@Zmokin - maybe the media used the name of the law the person was charged with.  Should they have not been precise?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2332a

http://rt.com/usa/boston-bombing-indicted-tsarnaev-341/

How the hell  did we go from a broken egg to the Boston Bomber?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• How the hell  did we go from a broken egg to the Boston Bomber?
    Are you shocked?  Oops, I mean " surprised", shocked would indicate you had electrical current traveling through your body and God knows I wouldn't wanna offend somebody. 

Little Rock, AR

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    As as you remain fork-free you're ok with my book, @Biggreenpharmacist

New Albany, Ohio 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

• Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Sorry for your loss. I WILL BE EATING CROW ON THE EGG TONIGHT! Sorry for being a non believer but that is the way other scenrios in life have mad me be. Proof is in the pudding.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Zmokin said:
    Hibby said:
    Always annoyed when someone uses terms like "devastated" and "state of shock" to describe something so inconsequential as the loss of a grill. I begin reading with true concern and sadness only to find I've been deceived by the title. This won't be popular I'm sure, but grow up!
    Wow, I wonder how annoyed you must be by the news media.

I remember when the news media began blasting Bush for the "lack of" Weapons of Mass Destruction that Saddam Hussein supposedly had.  I'm pretty sure back then they were using the WMD phrase correctly in it's application to nuclear and chemical and biological warfare.

I know I was quite annoyed when the media decided to use the same phrase "wepons of mass destruction" for the Boston Marathon Massacre, by two terrorists with "pressure-cooker" bombs.  And I'm not saying the BMM wasn't a terrible thing, but if "pressure-cooker" bombs are now WMD's, then I'm quite sure Saddam had weapons far worse, so Bush wasn't a liar by this standard.

Truth is, the media was way out of line using the description of WMD for a little pressure cooker bomb.

Yet, you are annoyed about our fellow Egghead who actually used the word devastated per the definition.

@Zmokin - maybe the media used the name of the law the person was charged with.  Should they have not been precise?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2332a

http://rt.com/usa/boston-bombing-indicted-tsarnaev-341/

Well, then they need to retract calling Bush a liar for his use of the term WMD if WMD means any "bomb".  I still go by WMD shouldn't be used unless it is
    B,C, or D. and not A because section 921 would include something as small as as a Cherry bomb as being a "destructive device" and in my thoughts, a cherry bomb is not a WMD.  A hand-grenade should not be considered a WMD, because it doesn't cause "mass destruction" like the items in B, C, & D.

"(2) the term “weapon of mass destruction” means—
    (A) any destructive device as defined in section 921 of this title;
    (B) any weapon that is designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors;
    (C) any weapon involving a biological agent, toxin, or vector (as those terms are defined in section 178 of this title); or
    (D) any weapon that is designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life; "

So yes, even our laws in our nation become ridiculous in their definitions and what they encompass.  My city has written their "no firearm" statute to include things like archery equipment and slingshots & BB guns.  And with how they wrote it, technically, my son's nerf guns are not to be fired in the city limits, nor am I allowed to shoot rubberbands at spiders on my ceiling (projectile fired by elastic force).

Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Devastation!!!

• nolaegghead
    @Zmokin - What you're thinking of is nuclear, chemical and biological weapons banned by international law.  Conventional weapons are not.   You're stuck on some semantics, esp the "WMD" thing, just give it a break, please.
  • It wasn't my son. Lol. He's 15 and has no interest in my grill. I saw the egg on the ground thru my back doors. I asked Josh what happened and he told me the dog had gotten tangled in the nest and pulled it over. When I went outside to get a better look, the chain was still wrapped around the nest. I say chain but it's not really a "chain" but one of those cables with the plastic coating they use now for dog "chains". He had pulled it about five feet from where it was sitting against the house to the step off. From now on, he'll go in the dog run when he's out by himself.
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    So, are we gonna do this or not. All the political/word choice bitching aside?
  • Hope you arent discouraged or offended by a few rude posters. I feel badly for you. We all do stupid crap. We're human. 

Little Rock, AR

• Hope you arent discouraged or offended by a few rude posters. I feel badly for you. We all do stupid crap. We're human. 
    Thanks. I never thought putting my dog on his chain so he wouldn't be able to get into things he shouldn't, and be able to stay outside a little longer instead of being back in his kennel in the house, would have ended in the killing of my egg, but **** happens. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • Yep. Live and learn. Glad your pup is OKAY, though. 

Little Rock, AR

• THEBuckeye
    @shannonlcorum
    The Egg is only half-dead. Did you call the Mothership yet?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Shannon,

If you decide to go ahead with the offers for financial help from those of us who would be happy to chip in to help you replace your egg, I can set up a quick page on GoFundMe, which works well for this purpose. Just let me know. PM would be best.

Littleton, Colorado

LBGE

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited April 2015

Shannon,

If you decide to go ahead with the offers for financial help from those of us who would be happy to chip in to help you replace your egg, I can set up a quick page on GoFundMe, which works well for this purpose. Just let me know. PM would be best.

Let's see what happens with BGE first, then if we move forward, I vote for @Eggcelsior 's suggestion.  

Or shoot, she may not even want our money.  If she doesn't there are a dozen charities who would happily take it.  Maybe it's time for  @henapple to set up another charity drive.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I do too. Second choice would be Charity of hope cause LS wants an XXL real bad

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• THEBuckeye
    The Pizza lady in Indiana is up over $600,000. That could buy a few Eggs.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    you need lump first @Little Steven, lets get you funded too.

I'm in for egg fund btw.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • nolaegghead
    The Pizza lady in Indiana is up over $600,000. That could buy a few Eggs.
    Just goes to show you bigotry pays.
    you need lump first @Little Steven, lets get you funded too.

I'm in for egg fund btw.

Yeah try that on Good Friday

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Apparently a broken egg is the most exciting thing that has happened on this forum in a while. 
  • @shannonlcorum
    The Egg is only half-dead. Did you call the Mothership yet?
    You mean call BGE directly? I doubt it's covered under the warranty. But if you know something I dont, please share. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • nolaegghead
    Yes, they have been known to replace parts that have broken through accidents and acts of nature.  Worth a shot.  Also you can find out how much the ceramic base costs, if they reject you.
    @Zmokin - What you're thinking of is nuclear, chemical and biological weapons banned by international law.  Conventional weapons are not.   You're stuck on some semantics, esp the "WMD" thing, just give it a break, please.
    So, you get my point.  People on here gave ShannyShooShoo crap for using the words, "devastated", "state of shock", & "catastrophe".  I was defending her use of those words, if you go back and read all of my comments.

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    I'll admit that initially (I don't hang out here much nowadays) I thought the poster was a man so I was more reacting to the fact that HE was bawling but didn't want to call HIM on it outright so I used HIS/her words as the basis for my disgust. Now that I know it was a SHE and not a HE, I'm not as surprised at the bawling or the use of overly strong descriptors. So in full disclosure, I guess I take things too literally AND I'm sexist. For those of you curious if I'm annoyed at the news - the answer is yes. It's all and I mean ALL sensationalized ****. I hope the mothership helps you on your luxury item.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    I would have cried if that were my Large BGE!
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL