Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburger Recipes

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,[p]I realize a hamburger is a relatively easy thing to grill and not mess up. Having said that, I'm sure a lot you eggers out there probably have some great recipes for what you may consider the best burgers made. I would like to see what you eggers grill up as far as burgers. [p]Thanks in advance.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Eggprentice,
    take out the breadcrumbs and this could be a burger. i like meatloaf sandwiches

[ul][li]meatloaf sandwich[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggprentice,[p]This burger was a little over 2 pounds and 13" in diameter.[p]MVC-010E.jpg[p]Another good hamburger site is linked. Be sure to go to their links page as it lists about all the great hamburger site on the web. [p]Dave

[ul][li]A Hamburger Today[/ul]
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    Eggprentice,[p]Sometimes, less is more. I get a good chuck roast, choice grade ideally, with lots of fat and grind it up. Either have the butcher do it or do it yourself. Add a little salt and pepper and make 8oz patties. Grill direct at 300 to 350 for 15 to 8 minutes per side. Less if you make 5 oz burgers. [p]If you want to kick it up, apply some of your favorite rub to the outside. DP Cowlick is great. Top with cheese and put on a bun with a little mayo on the bottom 1/2 of the bun. Get creative with the toppings if you must, but leave the meat alone. No egg, no bread. That's something else all together to me. Like meatloaf on a bun.
    Geez, I sound like Dr. BBQ. Hope I'm not plagiarizing.[p]
    Listed below are some experimental burgers I've made:[p]-Meat mixed with grilled red onion and stuffed with blue cheese.
    -Cooked on a cedar plank.
    -Meat mixed with Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic powder & stuffed with cheddar cheese bacon mixture.
    -Stuffed with roasted green chili and Monterey jack cheese.
    -Topped with chili, cheese and onion.
    Many Combinations and permutations of the above...

• Eggprentice, Try a mix of 1/2 ground chuck and 1/2 ground tri-tip.
    It makes a great burger. Or you can grind 100% tri-tip for the
    tastiest burger ever. Just dont go past medium rare.

• Mik of Alaska
    Options
    Eggprentice,
    Do a half pounder with what ever you like Lo n Slo. That's a 250 dome on a raised grid for 45 min. Turn half way thru and add cheese 3 or 4 min before removing. smoke it with some kinda fruit wood. I like cherry...... to die for!!! Happy grillin' Mik

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Old Dave,
    Will you be comming to the Mt Vernon BBQ contest this year? I missed you last year and would like to meet you some time. Thanks, Tom

• BajaTom,[p]I do plan to do this contest in June and will be looking forward to meeting you. [p]Dave