Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gassers

Options
2»

Comments

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I have never owned one but I did cook on one once.

I have burned out three Weber Kettles though.One of which I still use . . . as a planter.
  • givehim6
    givehim6 Posts: 22
    Options
    I still use mine occasionally to grill veggies or toast bread. I now cook all my meat on the Egg but still find it convenient to have the gas grill for overflow from the egg or to have the whole meal ready at the same time.

The other night we were in the middle of getting dinner ready for 8 guests + our family of 6 and the power went out. We have a 5-burner gas cooktop inside but our wall ovens are electric. I was able to warm the bread and keep the the other food warm in the gasser while the meat finished one the Egg.

DSCN2929.jpg
  • JWhirlwind
    Options
    I have an infrared and I have used it maybe 5 times. I guess it does hambuger or hot dogs ok. I just don't like it. Can't ever get the heat right. 
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    After my 2nd cook on my large I realized my gasser could not compete with the BGE.  I gave away the gasser.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Have'nt used mine since i got the egg, didn't use it much before either, I prefered the Weber
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Set the weber stainless steel gasser at the curb after I got the egg table done. Thought I might keep it to use for what I don't know. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Dead thread is right!  I wonder how people dressed and what the cars looked like, back when this thread was started...
    Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    I don't know.  I bet they didn't suspend their grills from the ceiling though.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    What's a "gasser"?  An SS person?
    Options
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    "Sparky" said:
    I AM
    NOT :woohoo: I got rid of mine shortly after buying my first egg in June 2004.Never used it again :woohoo:

005-6.jpg

I think I could use another egg though :silly: :laugh: :woohoo:
    This is....truly amazing. 

To the original topic, I still have my massive 5 burner gasser that holds utensils now. I plan on getting rid of it and getting a small gas grill for quick kids hot dogs and burgers.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Adrock
    Adrock Posts: 93
    Options
    Hey whirlwind. How old is your egg anyway?  
    Victoria, MN
  • Wowens
    Wowens Posts: 115
    Options
    I got me egg in December and the gasser has turned to storage.

We've got a pop-up camper that we have a small Weber gasser in that I'll be using next week on spring break.  I might see if I can find a place to store a MM in the camper.
  • grey_bri
    grey_bri Posts: 46
    Options
    I still have my Vermont Casting 6 burner. Just can't seem to get rid of it. It does cook a good moist meal(not that I have done one in 3yrs.) but I do use the side burner or use it for warming oven
    Owen Sound On. For now 1large 2mini's 1exl and 1 6burner Vermont Casting