Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida eggfest update

Options
ronbeaux
ronbeaux Posts: 988
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow! what a great time I had. The food was supreme! You name it we cooked it. Many thanks to all who helped, especially egret and sandbagger. Don't want to take away from others either, what a great group of people. Thanks rumrunner! I know I told you, but we really enjoyed meeting you and yours.
Tonia(qbabe,) GREAT job! All went well.
I won't even mention the snag that was of no fault of yours. Just say BGE made it right and I am happy!
I know I'm missing someone, it was a long day and I had a few of those "marinated" cherries, so don't hold it against me.

Comments

• MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    It was truly a great day at Fla. Eggfest.[p]Thanks once again to Tonia and Larry for planning this spring outting.[p]Food food food and more food,all sooooooooo good.[p]Howard in Bartow

• DancesWithSmoke
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    Great meeting you at the egg-fest. Sorry we did not get a chance to get a chance to sample some or your road kill, but I am sure it was great. Enjoyed the great conversation.[p]Rumrunner, thanks for the tour of the cabin. We definitely will try to line one up next year. [p]Thanks also to Q-babe for your great hospitality, and thanks for your hubby's help loading up our new egg. (At least, I think that was your hubby).[p]Mr. 'H' thanks to you as well for all the tips, and Borders, your steak was egg-cellent.[p]Sorry we had to leave early, had to get Kelly back up to college (FSU) from spring break.[p]Super nice people.

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    DancesWithSmoke,
    "Fresh" road kill!!! No joke, I actually saw a guy slam on his brakes to pick up a turtle. At first I thought he had kids needing a pet. I'm sure it became sauce pe'can with a dark reaux. Or court bouilion(cu-be-on.)

• MR H,
    We are Glad you made it home ok. Hope your feeling better.
    Was a great first time For Deb and I and a nice time meeting everyone and talking to you. The kids had a great time as well.
    Thanks For all the tips .
    Next fest we will be cooking :) we are already planning the menu.
    QBabe, awesome job putting this together, my hats off to ya.
    Hope everyone made it home safe.
    David in Spring Hill

• RocketMan
    RocketMan Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm still full![p]Great time was had by all (and for those of you stuck in colder climes, plan on coming next year, it was sunny & in the low 80's...)![p]- Andy
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]It was great to finally meet you and your wife Tonya. I know there were LOTS of things I missed out on with the food, and I don't think I got a single thing that you did. Be sure and post the recipes so I can catch up![p]I think everyone had some of those cherries, LOL![p]Glad to hear you made it home ok and I know you'll enjoy that new small egg very much.[p]Tonia
    :~)[p]

• QBabe
    Options
    DISH,[p]Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear everyone had fun and we'll look forward to trying your creations next year![p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    Options
    MR H,[p]Good to see you also, Howard. It's always a pleasure! Glad you were able to make it this year.[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    DancesWithSmoke,[p]Yep, that was my hubby Larry, also known as QBH. [p]An eggfest is such a great way to get to know your egg. There are so many things you might not have thought you could cook, and you're able to just pick the brains of so many great cooks that you end up in overload, but I do believe that a lot remains in your head, even if you don't think you'd be able to remember. [p]Glad you had fun and I hope you'll be able to make it again next year. [p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    RocketMan,[p]I was so glad you came! Nice pic you sent me, by the way...[p]Hugs,
    Tonia