Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zucchini Pasta with shrimp and sausage

Options
Well I got the joe jr. up to 400 degrees for a direct cook.  I cooked my fresh home made sausage that I made last week and shrimp skewers sprinkled with salt and pepper.  I used my new veggetti to cut up zucchini into small spaghetti pieces.  Added some mushrooms and home made tomato sauce!  What a great meal, I couldn't believe how awesome it all tasted.  Check out the smoke ring on the sausage lol!!

Comments

• Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    Looks fantastic.  I've seen some bad reviews of the vegetti but your "pasta" looks great.  Is it easy to use?

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Man that is just beautiful.  The food and the pics are great. 

How did you cook the noodles?  Saute in oil?   I have one of the spiral slices but still playing with how to prepare them.  I find boiling them makes them a little mushy. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bosco0633
    bosco0633 Posts: 383
    Options
    Farbuck said:
    Looks fantastic.  I've seen some bad reviews of the vegetti but your "pasta" looks great.  Is it easy to use?
    I read mixed reviews and was going to get the perdona from williams Sonoma but honestly its too big and I don't want another thing sitting around.  The veggetti was small and 15.00 a no brainer.  

It was so incredibly easy to use.  I used thin side for spaghetti style noodles and cut them every 18" or so.  

it was incredible
  • bosco0633
    Options

Man that is just beautiful.  The food and the pics are great. 

How did you cook the noodles?  Saute in oil?   I have one of the spiral slices but still playing with how to prepare them.  I find boiling them makes them a little mushy. 
    thanks I appreciate the kind words.  

I cooked them with medium heat with EVOO for maybe 5 min.  I didn't want them soggy and they still had a bit of a crunch!!
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Looks great, would love to learn how toke my own sausage!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Thanks @bosco0633 for the tip- this is how I plan to cook it next time. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bosco0633
    Options
    jabam said:
    Looks great, would love to learn how toke my own sausage!
    I would be happy to give you a few pointers.  I purchased the kitchenaid meat grinder and stuffer.  

this youtube video was all that I needed to get going.  It is the A to Z of home sausage making!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPQP4TC3E1w
  • bosco0633
    Options

Thanks @bosco0633 for the tip- this is how I plan to cook it next time. 
    can't wait to here your results!!