Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick, midweek, simple chicken cook

Options
YEMTrey
YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
Got the chance to cook some chicken breast tonight.  Turned out great. 
Steve 
XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

Comments

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    Looks good.  Nice beer pairing!
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Really enjoying these Oak Ridge rubs I picked up. 
    Steve 

• VandyCatGator
    Options
    Mean looking chicken!  Stone Enjoy By is my all time favorite craft beer.  I hear Stone is looking to open a brewery on the east coast. 
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Man, that looks good!
    McKinney, TX
  • johnl350
    johnl350 Posts: 125
    Options
    Looks great. How are you enjoying the mini max? One question I always had about it is so you leave it outside when your not using it or do you bring it inside? I can't imagine leaving it outside with my large but I would have to until it cooled down. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Looking good. I thought about you today @YEMTrey. I had to go the dentist over in Augusta, His office is right across the street from the Augusta National. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    What Oakridge rub are you using? Good lookin stuff, how long did you cook? I'm curious, how long does it take to get that mini fired up?
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Looking good! Gotta love the simplicity of a good meal like that!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• YEMTrey
    Options
    johnl350 said:
    Looks great. How are you enjoying the mini max? One question I always had about it is so you leave it outside when your not using it or do you bring it inside? I can't imagine leaving it outside with my large but I would have to until it cooled down. 
    I bought the LBGE dome cover for it.  Even with that, all winter when not in use I stored the Mini Max inside in my patio.  It's going to be nice for the next couple of days so I'll leave it outside.  But the portability of it means I can store it out of the elements when I like.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options

Looking good. I thought about you today @YEMTrey. I had to go the dentist over in Augusta, His office is right across the street from the Augusta National. 
    Thanks!  
    Chubbs was saying that the course was looking pristine and others have said that everything is starting to bloom as well.   Should be gorgeous as always.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options

jonnymack said:
    What Oakridge rub are you using? Good lookin stuff, how long did you cook? I'm curious, how long does it take to get that mini fired up?
    This was the Secret Weapon Pork and Chicken Rub.

It doesn't take the Mini Max long to get going at all.  Actually I have to watch it much closer than my XL or the temp will start to get away at startup.  

Not sure what the total cook time was.  I was messing around outside with the Egg and stereo going and enjoying a couple of beers.  Didn't really pay any attention to time.  If I had to guess, I'd say from initial lighting to slicing the chicken it was an hour or less.
    Steve 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mean looking chicken!  Stone Enjoy By is my all time favorite craft beer.  I hear Stone is looking to open a brewery on the east coast. 
    It's going to be in Richmond, VA
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    @YEMTrey - I'm sure you've been asked this before, where did you get that SS table?  Sam's Club?
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    @YEMTrey - I'm sure you've been asked this before, where did you get that SS table?  Sam's Club?
    I picked it up at a local restaurant supply store.
    Steve 

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Love that secret weapon rub.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA