Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PS Woo Question

Options
Will the 13x17 oval stone fit in my PS Woo 2? Looking for another way to go indirect. Do not really care for the plate setter. I would like to avoid having to buy an AR. But if an oval stone won't fit in the woo I might have to. Thanks

Comments

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    My guess, as an AR guy, is no.   The AR  suspends the stone with hangers - no hangers with woo.  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    A round stone will not work? CGS has a round stone.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited March 2015
    Options
    bcrombie said:
    Will the 13x17 oval stone fit in my PS Woo 2? Looking for another way to go indirect. Do not really care for the plate setter. I would like to avoid having to buy an AR. But if an oval stone won't fit in the woo I might have to. Thanks
    You can make it work.
    Place a couple metal cross bars on your fire ring or pick up a second 18" cooking grate. Lay a couple fire bricks or a cheap Wok Ring on the lower cross bars and put your 13x17 stone on the fire bricks or ring. This will raise the stone enough so that you have good airflow around the 17" side of your stone above your fire ring.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Yes the oval stone can be used with the PSWoo rings but it requires the platform (kite shape) to hold the stone and create some space between the oval stone and fire ring.  The platform is over engineered, fabricated from .313 diameter stainless and probably the best kept secret on our site.  

The platform has approx. 1" legs so it is good for elevating a hot platesetter and such above a table top.  t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • bcrombie
    bcrombie Posts: 12
    Options
    TJV. Thank you. What would be my overall best option for indirect with the woo?
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    dman   sorry and   I saw that platform once on their site !!!    sorry for my mistake
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL