Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aaron Franklin and Adam Perry Lang Team Up in LA

Aaron Franklin and Adam Perry Lang are teaming up for a two-night pop up restaurant in Los Angeles.  I called within two hours of this announcement being published, and both evenings were already sold out and the wait lists were all totally full.  They said they're going to be doing takeout sandwiches for those that couldn't get a seat.  Really pissed I couldn't get in.  This seems like it's going to be a hell of an event.  Did anyone here score a reservation?  If not, at least us locals can still grab some takeout...

http://la.eater.com/2015/3/30/8317017/aaron-franklin-will-indeed-pop-up-with-adam-perry-lang-this-time-at

Southern California

Comments

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    That pairing would be Food Nirvana!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    That looks to be a really cool event.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Yeah, I shudder at the thought of a $85 per person meal these days.  But for Franklin and APL I would happily shell out.
    Southern California
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    It is somewhat of an odd pairing thought.  I can hear Franklin saying to APL: "No way you are putting all that **** on my brisket". 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    No surprise that Favreau is involved.  I wonder how much he had to do with arranging all of this. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bicktrav
    My concern is that the to-go stuff is just going to be Favreau's Cuban sandwiches.  I really don't have any interest in that.  I like Favreau, but let's be honest; he's not the draw here. 
    Southern California
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    bicktrav said:
    My concern is that the to-go stuff is just going to be Favreau's Cuban sandwiches.  I really don't have any interest in that.  I like Favreau, but let's be honest; he's not the draw here. 
    It's still fun regardless and ultimately since it's called Austin Midnight Dinner, it is his concept.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bicktrav
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:
    It's still fun regardless and ultimately since it's called Austin Midnight Dinner, it is his concept.  
    True.  I just really would love to try something Franklin or APL cooked.  Both of those guys are heroes to me, and I've never had the chance to taste their stuff.
    Southern California
  • cazzy
    edited March 2015
    bicktrav said:
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:
    True.  I just really would love to try something Franklin or APL cooked.  Both of those guys are heroes to me, and I've never had the chance to taste their stuff.
    You may get some brisket, but who knows what APL will smear all over it.  Favreau isn't a real chef, so it's pretty obvious to me that Aaron and Adam will conceptualize the menu.  I'm sure Favreau will have input, but I wouldn't expect anything less than awesomeness from those guys.  

Did you get a ticket or are you limited to the sandwich lotto?

Get down to Austin and try some real BBQ.  
  • bicktrav
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:
    You may get some brisket, but who knows what APL will smear all over it.  Favreau isn't a real chef, so it's pretty obvious to me that Aaron and Adam will conceptualize the menu.  I'm sure Favreau will have input, but I wouldn't expect anything less than awesomeness from those guys.  

Couldn't get a ticket.  The whole thing sold out pretty much instantly.  It's sandwiches for me.
    Southern California
  • cazzy
    edited March 2015
    bicktrav said:
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:

Couldn't get a ticket.  The whole thing sold out pretty much instantly.  It's sandwiches for me.
    It will likely be a Cuban themed sandwich with brisket instead of pork.   Take pictures!!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Maybe APL will sledgehammer a brisket so he can cook it like a steak.
  • bicktrav
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:
    cazzy said:
    bicktrav said:

It will likely be a Cuban themed sandwich with brisket instead of pork.   Take pictures!!
    Very good call.  I'll definitely post pics.  
    Southern California
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    That's freaking sick!  To be a fly on the wall with those two alone talking about their craft (EPIC)!!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    First "Elf" now APL and Aaron Franklin together.........Favreau is a genius!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • First "Elf" now APL and Aaron Franklin together.........Favreau is a genius!!!
    Swingers. LA. Add Franklin and APL and it's on. 

@bicktrav  Pix or it didn't happen!
    It's a 302 thing . . .