Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Time

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
Wife is 37 weeks pregnant with our second son. She wanted steak so I obliged. USDA Prime New York Strip on da mini, twice baked potatoes, and salad. Washed it down with more Stone Pale Ales than a human should be able to consume. Thanks for looking. Pics in whatever order @hapster wants them to be in. Also rebuilt my stoop off back porch today. Love flagstone. 
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Very nice. And digging the stone work. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good looking stoop, good looking steak and great looking plate. Awesome brother!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    Congrats! Nice steak too
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Very nice. And digging the stone work. 
    Thanks. Wife got an email today that Rosewood Market was 20% off day. We got 3 bags of Fogo for 20% off $12.99. Got 4 bags now. I like it a lot!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to say congradulations above on the pending future little egghead. Congradulations. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Chubbs
    Options
    SGH said:
    Good looking stoop, good looking steak and great looking plate. Awesome brother!!
    Thanks SGH. Stoop was sloped towards foundation when I moved in. Tore it out and rebuilt it today. Recycled the stones and redid the base for $60. Fun project and practice for my 125 square foot flagstone patio I am planning
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nice Chubbs!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Looks damn fine!!
    GWN
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Nice job on all the projects @Chubbs;)
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Sweet looking stonework!  Steak looks great too!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Congrats on the coming new addition!  Steak looks great. Agree on the fogo but holy cow my newest bag literally has tree trunks in it. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Strong swimmers. Congrats on knocking up your bride. :smiley: Awesome steaks for MaMa. Good man.  Really like the stone walkway. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Prime!  You pulled out all the stops for Mama!  Nice looking plated meal too.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Beautiful all the way around and best of luck with the coming new one.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    Great looking meal @Chubbs!  
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Thanks all. Appreciate the kind words
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    you've been busy, man! looks like you had a good reward :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Congrats on the new coming addition... Great staek and stonework... Very talented!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Looks fantastic. Congrats on the growing family..

whats the mix you used for the stone? I'm redoing my front this spring and don't have a cue what is durable and will last....
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Chubbs
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looks fantastic. Congrats on the growing family..

whats the mix you used for the stone? I'm redoing my front this spring and don't have a cue what is durable and will last....
    I dug area out about 8 or 9 inches. I used 4 inches of crusher run. Put in 2 inches and misted it with water and packed it in. Then repeat. Then used 2 inches of rock screenings. Then the stone. Then sweep more screenings in between the joints and mist with water.

if I were buying the stone I would buy larger ones more uniformed in thickness but these were recycled. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Congrats Chubbs on the new one.  My wife is 32 weeks with our first one.  I love me some Stone, but is it a coincidence that you were drinking it while messing with stones?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Chubbs
    Options
    Congrats Chubbs on the new one.  My wife is 32 weeks with our first one.  I love me some Stone, but is it a coincidence that you were drinking it while messing with stones?
    Haha. Didn't think about it so guess so. I am a fan of Stone brewery so I usually have a good bit on hand
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @Chubbs , first off, congrats on your upcoming child.  Exciting times coming for sure!

Secondly, I am really digging your patio.  Have anymore details about that?  I have been wanting to do something similarly.  

Lastly, great looking steaks.  What mama bear wants, mama bear gets!  

Take care!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Life as you know it will soon cease to exist!!!   =)  Congrats to you both.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    That's neon, Deion.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Hey, that was sneaky ... posting the announcement of an addition right between pictures of steak on the grill and steak on the plate.  Congratulations. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Nice job you two and oh yeah that cook looks Awesome!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Chubbs
    Options
    @Chubbs , first off, congrats on your upcoming child.  Exciting times coming for sure!

Secondly, I am really digging your patio.  Have anymore details about that?  I have been wanting to do something similarly.  

Lastly, great looking steaks.  What mama bear wants, mama bear gets!  

Take care!  

Thanks Matt. I just dug up the pad that was there and leveled the base and added crush and run in 2 inch lifts, mist with water the pack in. Then added a few inches of rock screenings then installed the old stones back in then swept the screening in between the cracks. Then mist again to lock in place. might have to add screening a few more time and water in to get it just right.

Now, for the patio I am planning, I am planning on using much bigger stones and will incorporate a sitting wall and pergola. I am in the planning stages, but it looks like it will be 125-150 square feet.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Life as you know it will soon cease to exist!!!   =)  Congrats to you both.

Haha. My two year old (almost 3) keeps us on the edge of our seats, so adding another one will certainly be interesting. That is why I found hobbies around the house like egging, gardening, and stone work to keep me close by but far enough away.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Congrats and great looking steak!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA