Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fav cocktails?

Options

Comments

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Gin w/Pineapple Juice topped off with Prosecco or any sparkling wine. A Gin and Tonic, with a lime wedge, is a close second favorite.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Mainly bourbon on the rocks for me too but I love a good Old Fashioned. SWMBO loves Malibu Bay Breezes in the summer and I must say; for a frilly drink they are good.

1 1/2 oz Malibu® coconut rum
    2 oz cranberry juice
    2 oz pineapple juice
    highball glass with ice

This sounds good, @ksmyrl , but IMO, it's not boozy enough.  The Coconut Rum is only 40 some proof.  Needs a shot of regular rum to kick it.  I've also added coconut flavor to rum by adding Coco Lopez.  It's extra sweet, so be careful.  Too much sugary drinks make for a bad next morning.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • thegooddocta
    Options
    @eggerty - that sounds great - basically a maple old fashioned!
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I enjoy a good manhattan for sure. Woodford bourbon. I also like to make summer beer. 

1 six pack of cheap beer. Bud, coors, miller. 
    1 fifth of vodka, usually get smirnoff. 
    2 cans of frozen lemonade concentrate. 

Pour all of this into a big pitcher and mix it up. Its really good but really dangerous, coupla glasses will have you feeling good!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• AintEZbeingme
    Options
    Bloody Mary with spicy pickled okra or Jim Beam/Honey or Fireball(cold)
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    The Negroni. A classic cocktail, not for the faint of heart.
    Equal Parts:
    Gin (Bombay Sapphire)
    Campari (Very Bitter)
    Sweet Vermouth (Antica Formula)

Served OTR with an Orange Peel expressed over then thrown in.

Sometime I burn the peel before expressing 'cause I like fire.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I enjoy a good manhattan or old fashioned when I'm out; usually never make them at home because we never have bitters on hand. 

At home I generally stick to something out of a dark & stormy, caipirinha, mule (I usually don't have vodka either, so I will make a Tennessee or Kentucky mule, depending on whether I use Jack or bourbon) or a mojito.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I enjoy a good manhattan for sure. Woodford bourbon. I also like to make summer beer. 

Pour all of this into a big pitcher and mix it up. Its really good but really dangerous, coupla glasses will have you feeling good!
    This sounds like a VERY fortified shandy.
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    My new favorite is dark & stormy:
    http://www.chow.com/recipes/10685-dark-n-stormy
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Options
    I'm going to set up a bar at the next Egg Fest and we can all try them out!!
     =) 
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    My new favorite is dark & stormy:
    http://www.chow.com/recipes/10685-dark-n-stormy
    I was just going to recommend this.  Reeds or some other spicy ginger beer with your favorite rum (I like Pussers, but I'm fond of most rum).  
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Captain Morgan's and 7up. Taste like cream soda.i like it with captain black myself for it has a little more kick.
    @Roadpuke0 If you like it with 7up, then you will love it with A&W rootbeer.

@milesvdustin @Eggcelsior When I went to school at SIU we called those "take of your pants and get wet".  We would fill a cooler up with ice 5 frozen lemonade and 5 frozen pink lemonade concentrates, 2 handles of vodka and whatever keg beer we were drinking that night.  After a couple of those, well, the name is fitting.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Caboholic_EggHead
    Options

I have a friend that used to make this and called it Hop, Skip, and Get Naked.  You aren't kidding about it being dangerous, it'll sneek up on you in a hurry.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @saluki2007 we did something similar with Everclear. Tasted just like fruit punch but left a slight tickle in the back of the throat. Called it "Jungle Juice".
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Old fashioned... but mainly its a good vodka (Tito's, Crystal Head) on the rocks with an orange slice. Recently tried Sailor Jerry spiced rum with some orange vanilla seltzer water, I can see this getting into the rotation more as the weather warms up
  • H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Options
    Woodford Double Oaked over ice.

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Whiskey sours for me.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    edited March 2015
    Options
    dissaronno godfathers has been made here a few times =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Since many of you folks enjoy  a good Manny, here's a recipe I found on the internets a few years ago. It works better on a cold winters night but since I moved to Austin, we don't get those much.

Fireman's Manhattan

Take a chilled martini glass and add about half an ounce of smoky, peaty Single Malt Scotch
    Lagavulin if you can afford it.
    Laphroaig if you can't.

Swirl the scotch all around the inside of the glass, covering the sides all the way to the rim.

Pour the excess into your mouth and place the glass back in the freezer while you make the Manny.

Make the Manny. My ingredients and proportions:

4 oz High West "Rendezvous Rye"
    1 oz Antica Formula Sweet Vermouth
    Dash Orange Bitters

Stir for at least 30 seconds. For the love of all that is good and holy, DO NOT SHAKE!

Retrive the glass from the freezer and pour the Manny into the glass, leaving about 1/4 inch from the rim.

Cut a lemon peel and express on top of the liquid, rub the rim with the peel then drop it in the glass.

Set back and enjoy the sweet/smoky goodness.

You're welcome.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    Here are two you should try if you like Manhattans and/or a Sazerac.  I was introduced to them by a master bartender in New Orleans last year.  Both very good!!

the Vieux Carré

1 ounce Rye
    1 ounce Cognac
    3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
    2 dashes Angostura bitters
    2 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
    Benedictine Rinse

Directions:
    Rinse a chilled double-rocks glass with Benedictine, and then apply two dashes Angostura and two dashes Peychaud's bitters.

Add in rye whiskey, cognac and sweet vermouth, and then gently lower a large ice cube into the glass.

Stirred ingredients briefly for about 5 seconds and then garnish with a brandied cherry and a lemon twist (optional).
    ================================
    Remember the Maine

2 ounces rye whiskey
    3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
    2 teaspoons Cherry Heering liqueur
    1/2 teaspoon absinthe

Directions:
    Combine ingredients in a mixing glass and fill with cracked ice; stir well for 20-30 seconds and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    Observation:  If you are making a drink that calls for a maraschino cherry or two or three)... Life is too short to use ANYTHING other than Luxardo cherries.
    Ya, they are expensive but they are worth it.

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nanook said:
    Nanook said:
    Budlight and Clamato juice. Yummmmmm
    New one on me. Hard to imagine. I'll have to try. 
    Ya. You should give it a whirl. It's like a food group to me!
    Caesar is a favourite cocktail, Celery salt rimmed glass using lemon slice, ice cubes, vodka, Clamato, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco with celery stick. If using Extra Spicy or the Works Clamato leave out the Worcester and tabasco).
    Good news is as noted by @Nanook you can also use the Clamato with a beer (lager preferred), kinda like a Red Eye without the Eye. (Damn, having flashbacks of ordering "two and a juice" while working in Moose Jaw)

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    A "BLT" (Bourbon, Lemon and Tonic) - heavy on the bourbon, a splash of tonic and lemon on ice. Dangerously satisfying! 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    that sounds good @fence0407 my kind of simple
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    Legume said:
    that sounds good @fence0407 my kind of simple
    I think you'd like it. A friend of mine turned me onto them and now I drink them regularly. I typically use Maker's Mark for the BLT's, then something like Eagle Rare or Woodford I drink straight.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @saluki2007 we did something similar with Everclear. Tasted just like fruit punch but left a slight tickle in the back of the throat. Called it "Jungle Juice".
    At UMaine we called that Moose Piss.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Warmer weather is here! I'm looking fwd to sitting on the deck enjoying cocktails. Any fav recipes y'all want to share besides wine, straight booze on the rocks and beer?

Thanks!

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You can't start a day without a good Bloody Mary. Tito's vodka, Zing Zang Bloody Mix, a little dash of L&P Worcestershire sauce, dash of A1, Hot pickled okra juice, some horseradish to taste, and a shake or two of Montreal Steak Seasoning....Shake that rascal and add one of the pickled okra for garnish....sit back and enjoy!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Adrock
    Adrock Posts: 93
    Options
    Eggerty said:
    3oz strong  bourbon
    1/2oz turbinado simple syrup
    1 dash of bitters
    stired in ice
    poured over a single cube
    garnished with an orange peel

and for those hot days, I agree with @pgprescott, Moscow Mule... 
    i make one very similar but with a couple dashes of absinthe to make i  sazerac

Victoria, MN