Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fav cocktails?

Options
krobertsmsn
krobertsmsn Posts: 655
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
Warmer weather is here! I'm looking fwd to sitting on the deck enjoying cocktails. Any fav recipes y'all want to share besides wine, straight booze on the rocks and beer?

Thanks!
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Captain Morgan's and 7up. Taste like cream soda.i like it with captain black myself for it has a little more kick.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I am a scotch and bourbon lover, but also enjoy a nice gin martini. I prefer either beefeater or Hendricks gin, not as " piney" IMO. Also love a stiff Manhattan made with either a good rye or better yet bourbon. Moscow mules are really refreshing on hot days also. Watch out they are called mule for a reason! I could keep going but you guys will get a bad opinion of me. 
  • Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    3oz strong  bourbon
    1/2oz turbinado simple syrup
    1 dash of bitters
    stired in ice
    poured over a single cube
    garnished with an orange peel

and for those hot days, I agree with @pgprescott, Moscow Mule... 
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Captain Morgan's and 7up. Taste like cream soda.i like it with captain black myself for it has a little more kick.
    Sounds dangerous. I better try one and make sure it's safe for everyone. Might take a few to get a good sample size. 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I like good bourbon, one large ice cube, and a wedge of lime. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    +1 on the Moscow mule for the hot days.

Sazerac for the cool evenings.
    smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    Jack Manhattan.......on the rocks.....3/4 oz Sweet Vermouth , 2 oz Jack Daniels and couple shakes of bitters....with a cherry....stirred.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    For a quick one, bourbon, ginger ale, and lime. For a tasty cocktail I like the Gimlet. A good gin ( I like Citadelle ) fresh squeezed lime juice, simple syrup, and some mint to add a little something extra to it. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Caipirinhas if someone else is making them. Margaritas made with Herradura Blanco, simple syrup, Cointreau and key limes. usually I stick with bourbon or scotch though.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Budlight and Clamato juice. Yummmmmm
    GWN
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Nanook said:
    New one on me. Hard to imagine. I'll have to try. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    Long Island Ice Tea, Mint Julep, or Vodka&Cranberry.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Nanook said:
    New one on me. Hard to imagine. I'll have to try. 
    Ya. You should give it a whirl. It's like a food group to me!
    GWN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @caliking Cachaca can be hard to come by, try a capirinah with a smooth vodka and its pretty good too.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    Long Island Ice Tea, Mint Julep, or Vodka&Cranberry.
    I was a bartender in another life and we used to make LIT's but instead of a splash of coke we used amaretto for coloring. Wow brings back a lot of memories and some bad ends to many a shifts...
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I'm not typically a fan of flavored liquor, but I came across Crown Royal Regal Apple the other day, and it's amazing. I like it with Ginger Ale

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Options
    These sound interesting! Will have to try them all one day...yes all in one day!!!
     ;) 
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    1. gold rush:  shot of bourbon, shot of ginger liqueur, juice of 1/2 lemon, serve over ice
    2. John Daly:  Arnold Palmer (iced tea/lemonade) with either vodka or bourbon.  I prefer the Bourbon version (and don't use lemonade or iced tea mix)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Legume oh man.  I think I just found my new favorite drink.  That John Daly sounds awesome!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    caliking said:
    Caipirinhas if someone else is making them. Margaritas made with Herradura Blanco, simple syrup, Cointreau and key limes. usually I stick with bourbon or scotch though.
    I had Caupirinhas when I was in Brazil.  They were made with Brazilian sugar cane liquor. 2 drinks and your tongue was so thick you shouldn't even think about verbal communication 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Generally I drink beer in summer, but when I'm in the mood for spirits, I go for a mint julep or a gin & tonic.  Something interesting about gin & tonics is they glow in black light.
    Flint, Michigan
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone - it's the tonic water. I think it's the quinine in it. Used to be good for keeping malaria away back in the day. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @caliking you nailed it.  Better living through chemistry!
    Options
    I like me a side of chemistry every now and then :) 

• UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    Well lets see...  One of the fast food chains is starting to advertise their new blended summer drink.  It's half vanilla ice cream and half lemonade.
    Sounds interesting BUT I drink lemonade and rye so I thought I'd break out the blender and try a combination of all three.
    Might take me a few to get the proportions just right, but if I do, it sure sounds like a good drink for sitting in the shade on a hot summer day to just watch the world go by with. :)

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    last summer was fogg cutters and mai tais.  last night watching bar rescue i came to the realization that ive never had most of the old school drinks, how did i get to 50 and never had a martini, cosmopolitan, manhattan, old fashioned....here comes summer =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • pgprescott
    Options
    last summer was fogg cutters and mai tais.  last night watching bar rescue i came to the realization that ive never had most of the old school drinks, how did i get to 50 and never had a martini, cosmopolitan, manhattan, old fashioned....here comes summer =)
    Shame on you! Better get working on that stat! Save yourself further embarrassment.
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Mainly bourbon on the rocks for me too but I love a good Old Fashioned. SWMBO loves Malibu Bay Breezes in the summer and I must say; for a frilly drink they are good.

1 1/2 oz Malibu® coconut rum
    2 oz cranberry juice
    2 oz pineapple juice
    highball glass with ice

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited March 2015
    Options
    UncleFred said:
    Well lets see...  One of the fast food chains is starting to advertise their new blended summer drink.  It's half vanilla ice cream and half lemonade.
    Sounds interesting BUT I drink lemonade and rye so I thought I'd break out the blender and try a combination of all three.
    Might take me a few to get the proportions just right, but if I do, it sure sounds like a good drink for sitting in the shade on a hot summer day to just watch the world go by with. :)

My dad had this on Saturday and I tried it; it was a little weird. I'd rather have a lemonade slushie. The "icedream" made it heavy whereas citrus-y stuff should be refreshing so it messed with my mind a bit, especially since it's advertised as a spring/summer drink. Then again, I enjoy dark beer when it's hot out so what do I know.
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    I used to drink vodka and tonic, until by mistake, I drank a friends tequila and tonic. That is my favorite summertime drink. Fill a pint glass halfway with ice, squeeze 1/4 of a lime, 10 count of tequila( I like a good reposado), top off with tonic. :D
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset