Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Italian Cold Cuts Stromboli

Options
My second cook from the new Smoke It LIKE A PRO cookbook was a big success. My parents declared this to be the best "sandwich" they ever had. I really enjoyed it and liked how quick and easy it was to make. 2 recipes down, about 40 more to go. It is going to be a fun spring and summer with this new cookbook.

The ingredients were: A fresh garlic pizza dough ball, spread out to a rectangle, smoked turkey, smoked ham, genoa salami, provolone cheese, roasted red peppers, EVOO, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.

The toppings were laid across the middle of the pizza crust starting with: the smoked turkey, smoked ham, genoa salami, and roasted red peppers. Then the Stromboli was seasoned with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning blend. The last stage was to add the provolone cheese.

The Stromboli was rolled up and sealed. Then is was coated with EVOO and seasoned with some more Italian seasoning blend. 

The Stromboli is on the Egg which my new DidgiQ DX2had stabilized at 425 for the last 30 minutes. The Stromboli was cooked for about 25 minutes.

In the 10 minutes it took to rest, I brought the Stromboli to my parents house 

The Stromboli is sliced with an electric knife which creates clean cuts with the least amount of crumbs.

Quick prep, easy cook, great dish-win-win-win

Jim
3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Nice!

Options
    you sold me on the book.  Where did you hear about it?

Options
    I need one of those and a good game. Oh wait that's  you isn't it. 
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Looks delicious. 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    As soon as I clicked this thred I knew it was going to be good. Looks amazing!
    I also have two cooks down from the new book. Today it was the southern corn pudding. It was very good! It's in a thread around here somewhere. Again looks great. 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    Thanks for looking and commenting guys.

@paqman I have met Eric Mitchell and tasted some of his dishes at half a dozen Egg related events here in the New England area. This stromboli was one of the things I had tried, so I knew it was going to be good. Right after one of these events held by my BGE dealer about a year ago now, my dealer told me Mr. Mitchell was writing a BGE cookbook. I was really excited because I had seen him make things on his Eggs I never dreamed possible.

@grege345 thanks for the heads up. I can't believe I missed your post because that corn pudding is on my short list. I will check it out. About a year ago I made a corn pudding recipe by Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson's BBQ fame, and it was excellent. I am looking forward to comparing the two. Thanks again,

Jim
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @paqman I accidentalyy came across it when I was in Barnes and noble last week. So happy i went in with the wife
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    I posted a review of it on my blog earlier this week. Here are my thoughts on the book:

Smoke It LIKE A PRO review
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Beautiful. Nice work and made my mouth water. Or was that the booze.?either way :t:rock_on: 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Dude!!   I want some of that!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    well done!