Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to do with a whole Pork Loin

Options
big hound
big hound Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There's a sale on whole pork loin at Vons in L.A. They're about 18" long, and about $15 each. I've never cooked a whole pork loin. What does one do with it? Cut it up into steaks? Smoke the entire thing whole? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Big Hound

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Big Hound,
    You might cut a few chops off and leave a nice big piece to roast whole. I'd check out Mr. Toads pork loin recipe. It's a winner! You'll find it in the recipes section.[p]TNW

[ul][li]Mr. Toads Pork Loin[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Spike
    Spike Posts: 37
    Options
    Big Hound,
    We just bought 5 loins just like you described last week (1.69 per lb.) I rubbed one with Dr. BBQ's Big Time Rub and put it on indirect for 5 hours at 225 to 240. The last 1/2 hour I covered it with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. I then sliced it up at about 3/4" slices and put in bun. They were excellent.[p]I guess you could slice them raw and grill them like a regular pork chop also. There's plenty of things you can do with this chunk of meat.
    Spike