Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Indirect Cooking

Options
Grumpa
Grumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got my BGE a couple of months ago and do not understand how to set it up for indirect cooking using firebricks and where do you get firebricks? Thanks.

Comments

• Fireball
    Options
    Bob,
    You can purchase fire bricks at a brick supply yard, or some bigger home improvement stores may have them. Go to the BGE Home page, click on "Links", on the links page find the link to "GFW" Barbecue page and jump to it. Gordon (GFW) has lots of information that will help you with the set-up for fire bricks.
    Fireball

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Bob, Welcome to the wonderful world of BGE cooking. Gordon (Gfw) has a great site with a bunch of good recipes. I just getting ready to see about brisket. I got mine just in time for the 4th of July. Everybody on this site has been helpfull with whatever your cooking. [p]CWM
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    11_25_9906_24_03_small.jpg
    <p />Bob, your fun is just beginning. the Firebricks in the picture are set in what is referred to as the standard setup - if you have a large BGE (mine is a medium) you may even want to use 5. The picture came from http://yyyz.net/bge/FAQ_FireBricks.asp - Please feel free to wander my website and have fun. Post any questions to the forum and I know you'll get all the help you want - good people here![p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Bob,
    Welcome to the forum. We are all here to help. BTW, please change your handle as we already have a Bob registered. Check the visitor profiles to see who is registered and their handles.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    bbac2.jpg
    <p />Bob,[p]Indirect is adding anything between the fire and the meat. Drip pans, ceramic, pizza stones etc. This is a typical layout of firebricks in a large BGE.[p]Link below for help[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim's BGE[/ul]