Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NCAA BRACKET CHALLENGE NEW THREAD - or, thanks for NUTHIN mods...

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
greetings friends,

the mods have deemed the old thread unworthy of renewal, so meet us here to discuss the tournament and our brackets...

8-Damien

Old thread - http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1178427/2015-ncaa-bracket-signup-is-live-signup-here

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Thanks. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    I was 4 for 4 tonight. I'm up to 189th place out of over 1,000,000 entrants on the main site. I've entered enough of these over the years (and rarely won) to know that it's better to be lucky than good any day. 

I'm still unlikely to win our group just because I didn't pick Kentucky to win it all and they look as impressive as any college team I've ever seen. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    That west va game was hard to watch
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Foghorn
    Options
    Yes it was. It out me in the uncomfortable position of feeling sorry for Bob Huggins. 

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    Did anybody pick Michigan State to make it this far?

San Antonio, TX

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    I have Michigan State, problem is I also have NC state in my final four ;-(
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Hmm.  Bummer.  I've 3 of my Final Four still alive.  Not Virginia.

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Yes it was. It out me in the uncomfortable position of feeling sorry for Bob Huggins. 
    Now THAT was funny! :) Trouble was, if the game had gone the other way, you would have had to feel sorry for Calipari. Screwed either way 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Foghorn
    Options
    I wouldn't have felt sorry for either of them if it were a close game.

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    At this point the average bracket in our group is at 75th percentile in the overall pool.  We must be pretty good at this.

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    ND is giving Kentucky all they can handle.

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Bummer. Even though it went against my bracket,  I was hoping for ND to pull it off.   Great game. 

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Foghorn fantastic game. This has been a great tourney.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Yes it has. 

San Antonio, TX

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Bummer. Even though it went against my bracket,  I was hoping for ND to pull it off.   Great game. 
    Me too! I picked UK but wanted ND to win. Very good game. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Foghorn
    Options
    With any luck, today's first game will be that good and the 2nd game will be a Duke blowout victory.  Given that I picked UVa to win the first game it can't possibly hurt or help my bracket. 

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    As a duke fan part of me wants a shot at Kentucky in the final...  MOST of me wishes we had gonzaga in the final....
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Foghorn
    Options
    As a duke fan part of me wants a shot at Kentucky in the final...  MOST of me wishes we had gonzaga in the final....

I hear you.

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I hear you.
    Hey listen, I don't have to tell you the strength of mid majors against one and done programs these days... Those seniors don't want it to end.  Scares me. Today will not be a cakewalk, especially if they've figured out okafor as I suspect they have...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Foghorn
    Options
    Roger that.  I think both games today are 50:50 shots.

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Man, I really, really suck. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Um, UK fan here. Although did not get in this time, I had cats, whiskey, sparty, and duke. I am hoping we will get through wisconsin, but I am not so sure.
    i got cats and duke in the finals. Hope to see you there.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Options
    @theyolksonyou, which one are you in our group?

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Well I had a good run while it lasted...  I have 3 teams in the final four but I had the Zags winning it all.  That should do me in.
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Jowen1556

You're still in it - Wisconsin has as good a shot as anybody... except maybe UK...

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    If Kentucky and Duke meet and Duke wins, I think I might have this one? :)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Foghorn
    Options
    If Kentucky and Duke meet and Duke wins, I think I might have this one? :)
    Probably. I've got Wisconsin beating Kentucky. 

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    @MaskedMarvel, does that mean you will be cheering for Kentucky in their semi-final against Wisconsin?  Even though I picked them to win every game so far I have cheered against them in every game. 

San Antonio, TX