Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak Update

Options
2»

Comments

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    @rrp being I'm a life long southerner, I was tempted to defend red necks, but then I remembered Santa Claus and the green haired chick. Carry on!
    I missed the Santa Clause story.  Was it on the Yellville forum?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yep Google Santa Claus face. Make sure no children are present. 

Edit: if you care about Christmas at all and are not a calloused hard ass who can easily clear disturbing images from his mind, do not follow this advice and disregard my following post. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Also, clear your search history afterward. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Bad advice @theyolksonyou .  I hope one of us can make it out without ruining Santa Claus forever.  Some things cannot be unseen.

Kind of like the man covered in bacon picture.

edit:  ok better advice now
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac edited my post to divert faint of heart. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    @rrp being I'm a life long southerner, I was tempted to defend red necks, but then I remembered Santa Claus and the green haired chick. Carry on!
    Thanks! Actually I grew up in a small town in Missouri not all that far from Yellville. I could tell stories/rumors/facts myself!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ChillyWillis
    Options
    Well that thread was worth the price of admission.  :o
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Does anyone know if OO was sold in Georgia? 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    My local dealer confirmed.  He said they would be switching to Wicked after their 16 pallets run out.  I bought 10 bags, going back for 10 bags more..
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @smbishop- You will enjoy Wicked Good.  It is more smoke neutral than OO, takes longer to light but will burn longer with less ash.  YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smbishop
    Options
    Yes, excited, haven't found it locally in DFW, looking forward to it!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    smbishop said:
    My local dealer confirmed.  He said they would be switching to Wicked after their 16 pallets run out.  I bought 10 bags, going back for 10 bags more..
    Who would that be that will be carrying WW?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Anybody catch that this thread is sinking? Gosh I wonder why...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    So it can't be a California company if it's Wicked. Will the real new OO owner stand up? This is exciting but exhausting at the same time. 
    McKinney, TX
  • smbishop
    Options
    Hotch said:
    smbishop said:
    Who would that be that will be carrying WW?
    BBQ Outfitters, Southlake, TX. I don't know if that is 100% confirmed. When I went back today for 11 more bags, the person who checked me out wasn't as confident. I sure hope they find some Wicked Good!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    RRP said:
    Anybody catch that this thread is sinking? Gosh I wonder why...
    OO is old news now. Viva Rockwood!