Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calling @badinfluence

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
@badinfluence It's been awhile since we've heard from you. Last we heard from you, there was a food truck purchase in process.

Anyway, miss seeing your signature line with the baker's dozen of eggs. Hope all is well.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Was thinking the same.  Wonder how the truck is going.  Also @stemc33
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I was thinking about both of them today. I sent @stemc33 a message over a week ago, and I didn't get a reply. Hopefully they are just busy. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @stemc33 hasn't been on since feb. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Wanting to see that XXL fired up myself. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Wanting to see that XXL fired up myself. 
    That's what I been waiting on too.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Funny how all of us have been wondering the same as for why he is MIA. I recall he is a long haul driver gone for several days at a time, but usually home once a week. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    He chimed in a discussion about a used egg in middle Iowa a couple weeks ago. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @anzyegg is missing as well. Sent him a pm but no reply. Hope all is well with him.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Congrats. Be sure to post some pics of the truck and biz!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Congrats BAD Influence. Awesome news. Be sure to update on the food truck.  :plus_one: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Wow ... Good Luck! ... If I'm ever in Iowa, I'm going to definitely look you up.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Best of luck in your new direction--there is nothing better than following your dream.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    That low bed is bad a$$
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Great news Larry! I'm happy to hear you are embarking on such a great adventure. Much success. Look forward to eating some of your bbq. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    That's awesome- best luck chasing your passion. I know you will be busy but drop in from time to time and give us some updates.  
    Greensboro, NC
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    @badinfluence - where will you be plying your trade? Is it in a community where other food trucks already exist? Menu? The food truck issue is currently a hot topic on the Peoria city council agenda. Our downtown sidewalks have had food carts in the summers for many years and finally downtown restaurants were permitted to put some tables and chairs outside. Now those two previous enemy groups have joined forces to fight the onslaught of food trucks. Good luck with your new venture!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Congrats man!!! Are you going to paint or keeping the same color?
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited March 2015
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    Congrats man!!! Are you going to paint or keeping the same color?

Looks like a wrap. Most of them are. Peel it and rewrap it. 

Edit:  if it's painted I'd still just get it wrapped. Much more cost effective and very professional looking. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Glad to hear things are well, and congrats! I have a similar dream someday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Are you gonna put that xxl large in that truck
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Awesome!!! Best wishes for making the dream come true...
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hello... things are well here. I have been really busy lately. To answer a few questions...

i am no longer driving the truck over the road. I still own it but hired a driver to drive it.

And now the big news.YES I BOUGHT A FOOD TRUCK. We found one in Fort Myers florida and flew down here Thursday and bought it. We loaded it on a flatbed Friday and we fly back home Sunday morning. The truck will be in iowa on tuesday.

BADINFLUENCE BBQ AND GRILL is becoming a reality.  

After 16 years behind the wheel of a truck it  is time for something new and exciting.
    Woo-hoo! Congrats. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Sweet new opportunity. Best of luck to you.  I too am interested in where you'll be setting up shop.  I travel a bit for work so if I make it to @badinfluence headquarters I'd want to stop by.  
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Very nice. Glad to here when things go right for people.good looking truck. Yeah they don't allow food trucks in my town. It's just silly. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Awesome congrats! Food trucks kick a$$.... Check out the movie Chef if you haven't seen it just for $hits and giggles!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Congrats on chasing and catching the dream!  Best of luck on the game changing direction.  And now you can let SWMBO know about your vision, what with all those BGE purchases to get you ready to go.  Well played!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Good thing you have all those eggs!! Dunno if they're gonna fit in the truck though. :) What's the menu look like?  Best of luck to you!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut