Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raichlen Strikes Again!!

Options

Comments

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    What's the twitter handle?
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    edited March 2015
    Options
    buzd504 retweeted. If he or his staff lifted pics without credit or authorization from Griffin and Dyal_SC, it's theft pure and simple. It is his site and he, alone, is responsible. On the surface, the first time it happens, it may seem like a compliment of sorts, but the second, third, and fourth time, it falls into the camp of stealing content that they worked hard on. Add in the fact that he is a well known author and should know better.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    The picture is down now. Wasn't first thing this morning, but it is now.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Someone with some spare time could start running his pictures through tineye. I wonder how many other celebrity chefs repost others pictures?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • blind99
    Options
    If any of my cook pics ended up on the interwebs I'd be flattered and then would sincerely feel sorry that the poor SOB couldn't do better than my stuff. :lol: 
    @NPHuskerFL it's going to be VERY obvious if Giada reposts an animated picture of a big dog running around an egg, on the beach :)
  • Dredger
    Options
    The picture is down now.

@Griffin, went back to the link to his site and it seems a lot of pictures have been removed. The placeholder pic symbol is still there, but pictures removed. Good job!

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Dredger said:
    The picture is down now.

@Griffin, went back to the link to his site and it seems a lot of pictures have been removed. The placeholder pic symbol is still there, but pictures removed. Good job!

With many eggheads united we are strong. At least they finally did the right thing. Would've been better if they just left it up and gave credit where credit was due. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Griffin said:
    The picture is down now. Wasn't first thing this morning, but it is now.
    Nice!
    NOLA
  • Dredger
    Options
    Guess he hasn't had time to clean up his Twitter account yet.

Sorry, just had to look.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Told my son yesterday and he lit up twitter with this, the twitter feed will be next on the list I imagine - see Griff - you are among friends, but then you already knew that. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I guess thou shalt not steal  isn't one of the Ten Commandments in the Barbeque! Bible 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Thanks all. I've gotten formal apology letters from Steven and his crew at Workman Publishing. All pictures of mine they can find will be taken down within 24 hours. They still blamed it on an ex-employee, but whatever. Even offered me a free cookbook. I feel like its been handled to my satisfaction as long as its not repeated in the future.
    Good deal!  Glad it was handled quickly.  Now only time will tell if he makes sure those he is responsible for will be properly trained.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blind99
    Options
    Awesome.  Now you should add a line to your signature: "My cooks are so good even Steven Raichlin copies them."  I'm glad to hear he handled it well.

His page, with your picture, is archived on the internet wayback machine, if you ever want to see it again.
  • Dredger
    Options
    Excellent! Glad it worked out.

I feel like its been handled to my satisfaction as long as its not repeated in the future.

I'll just hang on to that Snagit shot for awhile just in case. B)

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    Options
    Add watermark across center of pictures, most apps allow you to make them lighter or darker to your preference.
    Gambrills,Maryland

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Glad that matters seem to be resolved now.  Did Dyal_SC get a letter too and his pictures taken down? I wonder how many others he's done this to?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I hope @Mickey is making sure his chicken wings haven't been stolen. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    @caliking, it has been awhile since he or his staff used my pix on social media.  I sent him a PM on the bbq bible forum awhile back.  He didn't respond, but his assistant apologized.  I didn't ask him to delete old pix I posted on his forum, but I have been going back and trashing old photobucket photos.  That sucks though, because I used to use photobucket to post pix here.  He hasn't ever personally made any apologies to me, but I'm not really worried about it.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Yearly, check on Raichlen's "photos" to see if he grabbed some of yours.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Griffin @Dyal_SC As a token gesture of retaliation, someone may have "stolen" a Rachlen brisket pic, and used it as their background pic for a forum Zoom session recently. 

At least, that's what I heard...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    Raichlen is the Carlos Mencia of BBQ? Sad to hear I smoke his (I think) maple glazed turkey breast every Thanksgiving.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Raichlen's The Man!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    Bob Ross of bbq.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Legume said:
    Bob Ross of bbq.
    What!?  Bob Ross was an awesome kind soul with a squirel in his pocket.  Comparing him to the Drudge Report of BBQ cooking is just down right mean to Bob.

Yes, I flagged your post.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Legume said:
    Bob Ross of bbq.
    That's about right. Neither are/were very good.

I just looked at a bunch of Ross works on Google. Didn't see a single one that I would hang in my house. They look like they would fit right in with the "Elvis on velvet" paintings in the gas station parking lots. Do they still do that?

As for Raichlen, my BIL gave me his copy of the Barbecue Bible some years ago. He said, "This cookbook sucks, but if you want it, it's yours." So of course, I took it. Free is free. BIL was right. I tried 2-3 recipes and they did, in fact, suck.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    Bob Ross of bbq.
    That's about right. Neither are/were very good.

I just looked at a bunch of Ross works on Google. Didn't see a single one that I would hang in my house. They look like they would fit right in with the "Elvis on velvet" paintings in the gas station parking lots. Do they still do that?

As for Raichlen, my BIL gave me his copy of the Barbecue Bible some years ago. He said, "This cookbook sucks, but if you want it, it's yours." So of course, I took it. Free is free. BIL was right. I tried 2-3 recipes and they did, in fact, suck.
    Bob Ross was about the joy and love of painting.  He showed us that anyone could find joy and passion in the arts.  He made all of his own paintings.

Raichlen shares other people's recipies and photographs.

Bob was a creator who shared his passion through teaching.

Raichlen aggregator who uses other people's work under his banner.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    Well I mostly meant they both look like q-tips and had hard to watch shows.