Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the BGE accessory you regret purchasing the most?

Options

Comments

• Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options

This! After getting the thermapen, I never used this thermometer again.
    I'll sure take it off your hands for a fair $
    McKinney, TX
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    Maverick remote thermo

I used it a few times and then realized it wasn't necessary. Been sitting in the drawer for 3 years. 
    Mine broke.  PM me if you want to sell yours.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Plate setter.  Only use the adjustable rig from CGS now.   
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    Ok I think this thread has made me realize I may need an adjustable rig.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Maverick 732 here too.  It worked the first time, woke me up at 0400 that my fire was dying (didn't blow more air like the other solutions do).  Didn't work the second time, bought new probes, learned that the plug(s) or something inside the unit were broken.  Difficult to program.  Difficult just to press the cheep-ass buttons.  Great idea, but.... Junk.
    I don't have an AR, have been perfectly happy with my platesetters (L and S).  I'll stick with my logic: don't test-drive something you can't afford.   ;)  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    I did the dumbest thing when I got my XL - I bought not one, but TWO half moon cast iron grates. Seasoned them, and never used them since. Also, the platesetter is a close second. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have the AR and stone but still use my platesetter for pizza and chilli cooks. 

Id have to say my sittin chicken stand (brand new in box) I bought it along with the egg, metal skewers (they get way too hot). I use wooden skewers. My Bayou classic wing rack (used maybe 3 x's). 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    I would gladly take the LBGE cast iron cooking grate off anyone who doesn't want it. The problem is shipping .. it will probably cost a fortune. 

My worst accessory purchase is the baking steel I purchased .. have not had a chance to use it much :-(
    Interested in selling your baking steel?

Little Rock, AR

• Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    mtbguy said:
    BGE cast iron half moon griddle. Cooked some bacon on it once and also did some french fries once. Never used it again.
    Wow I forgot about that...add a 4th for me. Used it once.
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • flyer_egger
    flyer_egger Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options

I bought this DigiQ2, unpacked it and then never used it.  I don't do Low and Slows in my medium.    Anyone need one??? LOL   sold
    NEPA, Med egg,
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

I bought this DigiQ2, unpacked it and then never used it.  I don't do Low and Slows in my medium.    Anyone need one??? LOL
    PM sent.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggerty
    Options
    Sookie said:
    No question you do. Love the thing. 
    LBGE - Nov/'14
  • Eggerty
    Options

cazzy said:
    Big Green Craig T-Shirt

I just came back from a break and I thought everyone was getting one.  He lied and I fell for it.   :s
    Are you selling? :get_outta_here: 
    LBGE - Nov/'14
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    Lump reducer for XL

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    Options
    Cast iron grate, I've only used it 3 times, I like the stainless better. 

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    I've read so many people say the PS.  When it comes to slow and lows, like ribs, brisket, or pulled BBQ, I'd think it was a necessity.  Granted, I don't have an AR though...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    I've read so many people say the PS.  When it comes to slow and lows, like ribs, brisket, or pulled BBQ, I'd think it was a necessity.  Granted, I don't have an AR though...
    It is a necessity for indirect cooks and works great.  If you get a Woo and stone or AR then it is redundant.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    Maverick remote thermo

I used it a few times and then realized it wasn't necessary. Been sitting in the drawer for 3 years. 
    I'm really afraid this is going to turn out to be true for me too. I've only used it a couple times and each time I have to relearn how to program it. Maybe during the summer I'll do more Low and Slow cooks and I'll use it more. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Love my Maverick.  I don't always use it, but when I do I am glad I have it.  It sped up my low&slow learning curve a lot.  For that it was well worth the $$.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • cazzy
    Options
    Love my Maverick.  I don't always use it, but when I do I am glad I have it.  It sped up my low&slow learning curve a lot.  For that it was well worth the $$.
    You should get a BBQ Guru!  :tongue: 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Lol!  Thats just cruel.
  • cazzy
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Lol!  Thats just cruel.
    I know...I just couldn't help myself.  
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sookie said:
    Yup, this thread made me finally pull the trigger on one. It ships today!

so I guess my most useless accessory will soon be my platesetter. 
  • avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    Options
    As others have said, the AR rendered the PS irrelevant, though I got a ton of use out of it before I bought the AR.  
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Ever since I purchased it ....I think..why did I do it.

It makes me nuts almost everyday just thinking about it.

Everything was fine in my life before I got it but now...who knows.

I guess my regret is the constant nagging at me thinking ...."I bought it...I better use it".

It's that green thing that sits right above the nest...has a round metal thing inside of it and a top cover on it.

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    Options
    Yeah forgot about the burger press but it was a gift that never gets used.
    Gambrills,Maryland

• Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    Options
    @Sookie The adjustable rig is a great eggcessory !
    Gambrills,Maryland

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    Green Egg Chiminea
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @odie91 Where are you located? My wife really wants one.