Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Double egg cook

Options
  1. Nothing special just pizza and wings. I finally put the small together (hoping it will help me finish my  table). Wings with simple paprika, chili rub. Pizza #1 cheese for our son. Pizza #2 BBQ sauce left over pulled pork cheese and red onions we love pizza night. I'm super impressed with the SBGE, and I just wanted to fire them up at the same time. Absolutely fun cook 
-Todd
Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looking good brother!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    Food and view look great!
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Those pizzas are hideous! :lol:  But probably freakin delicious. Hey what is the size of your smaller egg, and where did you get the cool feet? Thanks in advance.

Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Awesome!  Great double cook!  All that I see missing is beer.  Pizza, wings, and beer, the meal of champions!
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    @anton it's a small the feet were suggested by @grege345
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_281193-303-673765_0__?productId=3030165
    Thanks everyone 
    -Todd
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Thanks @RiverDoc
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Pizza and wings, my favorite combo besides steak and shrimp.  Awesome looking meal!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • thegooddocta
    Options
    I've been working to drop some pounds, but wings are my kryptonite. Looks awesome.
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Great combo...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Monaarts
    Monaarts Posts: 191
    Options
    Looks great, the only suggestion I have is to pick up the edge of your dough and blow under it right before you put the pizza on the egg. It will make it slide off easier and stay round. ;-)
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Monaarts said:
    Looks great, the only suggestion I have is to pick up the edge of your dough and blow under it right before you put the pizza on the egg. It will make it slide off easier and stay round. ;-)
    Wouldn't help my pizzas, they're rarely close to round to begin with...
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    Thanks @Monaarts , that's pretty much the shape they were in (lol ugly but good) my wife tried to shape a heart out of the cheese, if you squint stare real hard and stand one one foot you can see it. We just bought a peel and I love it I use a little corn meal life is much easier. Thanks for the tip though
    -Todd
  • Monaarts
    Monaarts Posts: 191
    Options
    RiverDoc said:
    Thanks @Monaarts , that's pretty much the shape they were in (lol ugly but good) my wife tried to shape a heart out of the cheese, if you squint stare real hard and stand one one foot you can see it. We just bought a peel and I love it I use a little corn meal life is much easier. Thanks for the tip though
    If it was intentional, great job!  I used to make pizza for a living and don't think I could do that. :-)
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    @Monaarts not intentional just ugly. Now the so called heart was minus the chunk my son stole, the "pizza " process is a family deal never round but always fun. But the first time I used a peek I slid it right off the peel, then across the stone the egg and the deck. That might have happened more than once.
    -Todd
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Caymanite
    Caymanite Posts: 57
    Options
    Nice. Love my small too!
    Large BGE - Jupiter, FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Pizza, wings and beer. Add some football in there and I'm good. Nice work on this dual egg cook. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    Oh for some football

-Todd
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    @Monaarts I just saw  a video of the "blow under the dough" technique you mentioned looks pretty cool. The peel has been a big help in loading/unloading but I think the reason it takes off sometimes is the force I use to get it started of the peel. I'll def try this next time thanks.
    -Todd