Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nickname

Options
So the other night after egging I told my wife to remind me to put it back in the garage before we went to bed.  She said she was surprised I hadn't come up with a nickname for it yet.  My first thought was to call it Humpty, but we all know how that story goes and I don't want to be messing with glue.  So do any of you have a nickname for your egg?
Large and Small BGE
Central, IL

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Agnes..... after my grandmother who cooked on a cast iron stove and NEVER burned anything.

It was called #19 after the tag that was on it from the Eggfest that I purchased it at last year; but it quickly became Agnes.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Yes. I call mine the grill. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The Large and The Mini or the big one and the small one.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Yes. I call mine the grill. 
    Agree - usually “The Grill” however sometimes it is “The Egg” - it answers to both. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The first time my folks came over to visit after I bought the egg my dad asked why I had an avocado on my deck. The name stuck. 
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    Agnes..... after my grandmother who cooked on a cast iron stove and NEVER burned anything.

It was called #19 after the tag that was on it from the Eggfest that I purchased it at last year; but it quickly became Agnes.
    awesome story! do you have a pic of that cast iron stove by any chance?

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    the grillenium falcon
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Caymanite
    Caymanite Posts: 57
    Options
    My daughter named my large Eggbert and my small Eggy.
    Large BGE - Jupiter, FL
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    I call my large one the "Ron Jeremy".  Wait, are we talking about eggs?
    is that the right or left one? =)

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    The Beast.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

awesome story! do you have a pic of that cast iron stove by any chance?

I don't have one of her stove, but I found one similar on the googles....  Ours was a little bigger, and all black iron.  She was a cook in WW2, so that woman could manage 20 stoves and ovens like a champ!

I remember her had two large oven drawers, 2 smaller bread warmers (that's what I called them), the firebox, and at least 8 burners. 

when they remodeled the house, they just opened the wall and used a tractor to drag it out of the house.  It sat in the garage for a while; I'd kill to have that thing right now!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• damnedhooligan
    Options
    very fascinating! Thank you for the visual! they just don't make them like they used to. Must have been wild to open the wall for the stove! 

• Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    Options
    "The Egg" ,all have the same name !
    Gambrills,Maryland

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    We joked about calling it R2EGG2, but in the end its just called "the egg" for the large and the mini is "the mini"
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    just egg, they are all called egg, even my vision kub is egg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I tired calling it, but it never came, so now I just go to it and just give it the generic, "hey you."
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    We joked about calling it R2EGG2, but in the end its just called "the egg" for the large and the mini is "the mini"
    Speaking of R2Egg2, where is @R2Egg2Q ?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I call my large one the "Ron Jeremy".  Wait, are we talking about eggs?
    @nolaegghead the "Hedgehog"

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I've been calling mine egg, but Chris may have convinced me to call it the avacado. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I named mine "Judith Large", but my wife hates the name, so it's just known as the Egg. I give everything and everyone I love a nickname...so I really want Judith to catch on.  I don't think its gonna happen. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Large Big Green Egg=egg
    Kamado Joe Jr=Joe
    Life is best when it's simple.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon