Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crab Cakes

Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to make some of Max's crab cakes. Can I store a couple of them and cook the next day. Or should I cook all of them and reheat the following day?
Mike

Comments

• Car Wash Mike,
    make em all up... put them in the fridge. .. cook a couple today, the other will be fine in the fridge for a couple of days prior to cooking.

• Ironbaugh
    Ironbaugh Posts: 93
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Tried your recipe 2 weeks ago. They were great, however, when I flipped they fell apart. Suggestion as to what I did wrong? Thx

• Ironbaugh,
    glad you liked them. .. yes they are fragile and need TLC... [p]1. did you refrigerate them for at least an hour prior to grilling? . .that helps them 'bind' ..[p]2. did you let them go a little longer before the flip? so that they get just a little crusty?. ...that also helps them hold together[p]3. finally, did you break up the white bread pretty finely? ... [p]only other thing is when you slide the spatula under them, just be really careful and use the other hand on top of them to help hold them together while flipping. .[p]HTH

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks MAx, I think I will get those fixed up this afternoon for tonight to tomorrow night.
    Kahlua cake going right now.[p]Mike