Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peter Reinhart Pizza 2.0

Options
Used Peter Reinhart Napolitano recipe from Craftsy class. Cooked 2.5 minutes @ 700* F in LBGE. 

image.jpg 1016.3K

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    how was it?  I have done the same set up as you. I find it burns the bottom less as it allows the top more time to catch up with the bottom.
  • Backyard Mike
    Options
    It was good. Got some feedback on last post that said to have a gap between stone - so I figured "why not 2 gaps?"  This dough is better for high heat - it's just flour salt yeast and water. The whole recipe and technique is free on Peter Reinhart's pizza making Craftsy class.
  • Backyard Mike
    Backyard Mike Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think I figured out how to upload photos from Google.  Let's try.

These are the dry ingredients of the dough, what Peter Reinhart calls 
    CLASSIC NAPLES-STYLE “NAPOLETANA” PIZZA DOUGH.  638 grams of AP Flour, 14 g of salt, 5 g yeast.  Add 14 oz water.  Mix one minute.  Let rest one minute.

After a minute, it looks pretty shaggy.  Let it rest from 1 to 5 minutes, then mix again for one minute.  Put on oiled board, press into a rectangle, and stretch and fold it 4 times with a five minute rest between each stretch and fold. The stretch and fold is lengthwise fold the top third down then the bottom third up, rotate the dough and repeat.  (He shows how to do this on the Craftsy video).  Put into oiled bowl covered with plastic wrap.  Put that in the refrigerator overnight.

This is in the oiled bowl.

Take it out of refrigerator about 2 hours before you want to cook.  Form into balls (I made 4) and let rise under towel while you get BGE going.

When you get ready to cook pizza, stretch dough into shape.  You might need to let it rest between stretches.

I brushed it with some herbed olive oil.

Then you put your toppings on.  Tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni and salami on mine  (heavy on the meat please).  

Get the Egg up to 700 and put it on.  The Superpeel makes it easy to transfer.  That's the Adjustable Rig with an oval stone on the first level, a round stone on the third level, and the stone for the pizza on the extender.  

Here's a little better shot of the set-up.  The bottom and top got done at the same time this time.

Here's the finished product.  I probably could have gone another 15 seconds or so, but didn't want to burn it.  It was very good.

• Blassiter
    Blassiter Posts: 195
    Options
    Nice looking pizza! One of my favorites on the egg. Have not ordered delivery since.

LBGE - 2/12/2015

Chesapeake, VA

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Looks good.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.