Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@RRP is awesome!

Options
I know it's been said many times, but Ron is awesome. Helpful, informative, responsive, I could go on! Finally decided to pull the trigger on a new gasket and immediately thought of him. I don't even have the gasket yet, but I'm already happy with the decision. Messaged him on Sunday, and he promised to ship it this morning and have it in my US mailbox by the end of this week. Can't wait to make the trek down to Niagara to pick it up on Saturday! Thanks Ron (another happy customer). 
Ajax, ON Canada
(XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    LOL - you have me blushing like a kid! BTW they are in the mail as promised. Give me a couple minutes and I'll send you pertinent info to your email.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • islanderegger
    Options
    Yep, he will have everyone covered soon.  Way to go Ron!
  • Offpiste
    Offpiste Posts: 47
    Options
    How much is gasket, what all is included and how do you go about requesting one?
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Offpiste said:
    How much is gasket, what all is included and how do you go about requesting one?
    Ron will probably see this. Just in case you should probably send him a private message. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • RRP
    Options
    Offpiste said:
    PM sent
  • DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    Options
    I too am interested for an XL.  Also, instructions on how to do this will be helpful.  I did not search the forum but will do so now.  Thanks!
    Chester, MD
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Agreed with the title. Ron you rock
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • WyBBQer
    WyBBQer Posts: 66
    Options
    My vote for Ron =)=)
    1 LBGE & 1 MMBGE
    Lingle, WY
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ron, sorry to say, I still haven't installed the Rutlands I got from you. However, my laziness was a blessing in disguise. I have replaced the base on my XL twice since I received the Rutland. Speaking of which, I need to get one from you for my Kamado Joe Jr. Will be emailing soon.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    That  @RRP is a ok, ehhhh! 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Agreed!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Ron definitely provides a very valuable service to us Eggheads.  Great resource to have around.  Cheers!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    Let's just create a @RRP is awesome section, it can be all things RRP.
  • Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    Options
    Ron is great to deal with !
    Gambrills,Maryland

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    @RRP I will be needing one for my LGE soon...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    ^^^^^. I will be needing a large soon also! 
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• DoofusOfTheDay
    Options
    Dittos on Ron, good guy, good service.
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I, too, am a big member of his fan club!
    :bow:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Ron rock!   
    @rrp is this the right paint and rust stripper to use?   They had this one and a light duty one. I made a decision and went with this one. Please say I got it right????

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • RRP
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That one is just fine! Now Andrew tell me more about your signature line of "burning diesel in Cape May, NJ". Please send your reply to me personally as you know my address if you don't want to reply here<
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    I must agree with the many other members!  I ordered a gasket from @RRP a few weeks ago, and he has this great service to eggers down to a science!
  • hoosieregged
    Options
    I just placed my order for a mini and large gasket.  Wouldn't give me his address to mail the check until he shipped it.  Now that's beyond great customer service.   
    Hamilton, IN****1LBGE and a MiniMax
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @RRP asked me for pictures to diagnose my gasket condition and overbite. Responded almost immediately. Rutland in route! The world needs more people like @RRP. #classact
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    RRP said:
    That one is just fine! Now Andrew tell me more about your signature line of "burning diesel in Cape May, NJ". Please send your reply to me personally as you know my address if you don't want to reply here<
    @RRPyou have me mixed up with someone else. Not a problem and not offended at all. I still think you are awesome! Thank you for answering my question above. 
     In case you or anyone else wants to know, we burn diesel on the weekends fishing. Our boat is 50ft and burns about 47-53 gallons an hour at a 30 knot cruise speed. When we go offshore for tuna, marlin, dolphin (mahi), tile fish etc... we will burn anywhere from 275-600 gallons a trip, with the latter being 38 to 48 hr overnight trips. Two individual 920hp Mann engines detuned to 840hp each (for a total of 1680 HP) gets her on plane quick, but not in expensively. As @SGH  knows, nothing is cheap on a boat except talk - and even that is not true if you are talking boats. 

Here she is, and what it looks like from the bridge on the way in. She is not new, but fish do not care what the boat looks like. 

Large and MiniMax

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Sea2Ski I don't care how old it is, that's a cool ride. I love boats, love being on the water.  One day I will own another, after baseball, lacrosse......
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Sweet ride!  I miss my days on the water!   Once the kids get older I will get another!  Definitely not a cheap toy!  Makes whole foods fish prices look like a steal! 
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    Options
    Bad Ass Boat......
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    BOAT= bust out another thousand 

doesn't even touch 600 gallons of diesel. You need 2Ts in boatt
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    Being on the water, away from everything really clears your head.  Honestly, there is nowhere I would rather be.  No phones, Internet, computers... Well, computers associated with the boat...   It is great.  Wife and I are planning retirement in the PNW. We will spend the summers in the San Juan Islands (Washington state), Desolation sound/ inner passage areas of British Columbia  and up to Alaska on a boat for 4-5 months a year...  just cruising around, catching salmon, halibut, crabs and oysters.

... at least that is the plan.

Sorry for taking this so far off topic.....  @RRP is awesome.
    Large and MiniMax