Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

outdoor kitchen and the big green egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can you put a BGE in an outdoor kitchen? I really like the egg but it is kind of ugly so I was thinking about buying the www.simplyoutdoorz.com kit and building it in. Not sure how I could support it in their unit but wanted to know if I could somehow use the countertop to hold in place. Has anyone ever done this before?
[ul][li]outdoor kitchen[/ul]

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    tony,
    You can see my tiki bar/outdoor kitchen on my website...might give you some ideas...HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    Options
    tony,[p]Ugly? UGLY?!?!? Them's fightin' words around here, boy.
  • WessB,[p]Thats what I had in mind. I want to build mine in. I love the BGE but also like making things look more permanent. I know alot of people will get the wrong idea when I say ugly. Dont mean any harm but I like to take things to extreme. Plus I am lazy, I am most likely just going to buy the one on simply outdoorz and retrofit.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    8d3af745.jpg
    <p />tony,
    im in the slow process of building one while building my patio. about 2 years into it so far lugging dirt out of the basement up th hill to build a second teired patio. ive used up all the rocks in the yard and am searching for more, this should slow things down even more. went to the rock store and found out that a small pallet of rocks cost as much as a small egg. i thought that was too expensive till i saw the ice chest on your site for 750 dollars, WOW

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Options
    tony,
    I am having an BBQ island built that will host a dedicated platform for the egg. They should finish it up today after 2 weeks of work. I will post pics probably tomorrow. [p]Instead of hiding the egg, I am featuring it with it's own throne!

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    fishlessman, I like yours just the way it is. Don't change anything.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    edbro,
    I'm buying you a beer, that's the kind of planning I like to hear. No way would I hide my egg, no way ever.
    Clay

• Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    Options
    Borders,[p]You got that right, borders. I'd LOVE to own an unfinished two-egg outdoor kitchen on a lake in massachusetts.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    chicken001.jpg
    <p />Borders,
    i would never get rid of the seedy lawn...i mean rustic charm. the front yard looks much better and the maintanence is much easier. i do however need to put a rec room down in the basement so that i can pour a nice pint of guinness year round and sit in that chair. the camps like this one are all getting torn down and big ugly boxes keep getting built. i wonder if those people know i dont like it

fukahwee maine

• ClayQ,
    I second that, always thought the egg was cool from the first time I saw it. So lets all show off our eggs.[p]Cheers,
    Bordello
    aka New Bob

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Did you do the stone patio that the rocking chair is setting on?[p]It looks really nice![p]Regards,
    Jethro

• tony, UGLY?!!!!!
  • Eggecutioner
    Options
    Dos Huevos,[p]Dude I'm with you!!! There are a few places like that left here in Michigan, but those cost more than my house.[p]E
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning tony:[p]Click on the link below to see the place that is constructing the cabinetry that I will be using in the outdoor kitchen I am having built. [p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

[ul][li]Cabinets[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• tony,[p]It's funny that you bring this up, because I am in the process of planning/ building an outdoor kitchen that will incorporate an egg too.[p]Let us know what you come up with!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    tony,[p]Here's one of the best outdoor set-ups I've seen by Eggers here on the board. Our very own "Uncle Phil's" version-[p]Image-BA0EA39B3AB811DA.jpg

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• California Sooner
    Options
    Almost perfect! Where is the flat screen tv? <LOL>
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Jethro,
    i put the blue stone in about 2 years ago, the three stones lined up at the bottom points north. a teired retainer wall of lake found rocks supports the other side at the lakes edge. the upper part of wall that you can see is from rocks found in the yard and from digging the basement out.maybe this year i can get the blustone laid up there.

fukahwee maine

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    fishlessman,
    did you say you were on World's End?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    Options
    stike,
    forest lake near pelham st in methuen. havent been to worlds end in a long time. some big bass in that pond, even the blue gills are big up to almost 16 inches. should go there this spring before the weeds takover

fukahwee maine

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    fishlessman,
    that's 4 miles from where i lived as a kid. i googled you.
    hahaha[p]never knew about forest lake. my wedding reception was over at harris' pond, in pelham. [p]you shoulda stopped by. 11 years ago.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Zee,
    Hey, what can I say. I am a fanatic. The egg may look good to you but I dont like the look of any regular grill or barbecue. I want my barbecue to blend in with the surounding. I am going to build it in. I love the concept of the bge but come on, a green egg on my patio is not my idea of cool. I know I will get alot of flack but Im just taking the egg to the next level. I called the company today at Simplyoutdoorz and they claim that alot of people build in the bge so that is what Im doing. My wife thinks im nuts too...

[ul][li]http://www.simplyoutdoorz.com[/ul]