Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little frustrated, small rant.

So I ordered/requested a MM in May of 2014 from my dealer, I was also in touch with her many times to recieve updates on when they may recieve them. Late in the year I gave up and accepted that they will come in and will probably be fairly late due to our location. I called 2 weeks ago to see what the status was and she informed me that they had been in for some time now. She knew right away when I called that it was me, and stated that they went quick when they came in, dispite the fact that she had one on hold for me, and i was never called or anything. And no i was never over bearing or annoying, I deal withthe same person, and have ordered several items from them, so she knew my name when I called.

Good thing they still had some more come in, however, they now have no plate setters, and it will be at least another couple weeks till they get any in. Not to happy with my dealer at the moment.

I just called for an update on the PS, at first I was told they do not carry the BGE brand... I said yes you do, can I speak to someone else, then I was told by another that the MM does not have a PS...I said yes it does... Finally got it strait, and was told probably another couple weeks. Not cool.
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• I ended up using CGS Woo + stone instead of the PS for my Mini Max. They have them in-stock and ready to ship...
    Big Green Egg: Large & Mini Max
    Kamado Joe: Classic

Chicago, IL
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    And I realize that the girl at first on the phone was probably new, and the second person was passed to a parts person, but if you dont know, dont guess, pass the phone to someone who can supply customer service.

There, rant done, doesn't happen often.
  • AlbertaEgger
    I ended up using CGS Woo + stone instead of the PS for my Mini Max. They have them in-stock and ready to ship...

The eggs here come with a PS, so I did not order a Woo or anything, as I was expecting the PS with the MM anyways.
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    edited March 2015
    The BGE is a type of product where the end user generally knows more than the dealer.

Most every time I have dealt with a dealer (I have tried a number of them in my area), they generally are unfamiliar with the product, warranty, etc.

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    My question is: if they said the MM came with a PS, how can they have MM's in stock, but be sold out of PS's?
    GWN
  • AlbertaEgger
    Nanook said:
    My question is: if they said the MM came with a PS, how can they have MM's in stock, but be sold out of PS's?

Agreed, you think selling them like that they would have them in 1 for 1, so im not sure what the issue is, didnt feel like dealing with them on it as I am sure their answers would get me know where. I emailed BGE to see if they were back ordered or out at the moment, and they are not, so it looks like just poor inventory managment, but there could be more to it.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    I don't blame you for being frustrated. I would be too!
    GWN
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2015
    Understand the frustration. 
    Rather than waiting for the PS (unless it is por gratis or already paid for it with the MM purchase) I'd just order the CGS WOO w/ stone set-up and call it a day. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • AlbertaEgger
    Understand the frustration. 
    Rather than waiting for the PS (unless it is por gratis or already paid for it with the MM purchase) I'd just order the CGS WOO w/ stone set-up and call it a day. 

Ill have to check with them and see if I can get a partial refund for the PS, all I know is there was a pretty set price for the MM here in Canada, and the PS was just included. (Had to send my dealer the flyer I saw that stated that all 2014 orders included the PS, as they did not know that last year)

If possible, then i will be doing as suggested, CGS Woo w/ stone.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited March 2015
    The PS fits the woo but is a PIA. Tom almost should not advertise that they work together imo. Happy with all my other CGS stuff, but why not get the fit better....i just don't know. I'll give points it was cheaper than my mini woo.
    Seattle, WA
  • Down here (US) platesetter is sold separately. MM does complete with the carrier inside one box.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• AlbertaEgger
    Down here (US) platesetter is sold separately. MM does complete with the carrier inside one box.

They still come packaged seperatly, however, the PS is thrown in with the sale.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I would also be frustrated.  You are a repeat customer so the least they could do is give you a call to let you know it was in.  You would think they would do what they could to help you spend money there!  

Did you already buy the MM or are you waiting for the PS?  Maybe you could go ahead and get the MM now and they would agree to give you a PS when it comes in.  You could have some fun with direct cooks and rig up indirect if need be.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• AlbertaEgger
    I would also be frustrated.  You are a repeat customer so the least they could do is give you a call to let you know it was in.  You would think they would do what they could to help you spend money there!  

Did you already buy the MM or are you waiting for the PS?  Maybe you could go ahead and get the MM now and they would agree to give you a PS when it comes in.  You could have some fun with direct cooks and rig up indirect if need be.  
    MM is already home. (Beside the new Large) I will do some directs this weekend. I was hoping they would maybe put a rush on it and get one for me asap. Guess not. 
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Sounds like my dealer here. I went in once, never went back. I knew more than them and I didn't even own one yet. FFS.  Bought my egg in the US. Saved me over $700 too.
  • AlbertaEgger
    hondabbq said:
    Sounds like my dealer here. I went in once, never went back. I knew more than them and I didn't even own one yet. FFS.  Bought my egg in the US. Saved me over $700 too.
    I'm not expecting any support. That's for sure. There is plenty here when needed. But must make for some tough sales for BGE at some of these places. Go to the gasser section and you have plenty of staff asking if you need help. BGE section, I'm not usually approached, not that I need to be, but you have to wonder why. I might be looking at other options. Pretty limited around here though. 
  • Blassiter
    Blassiter Posts: 195
    I have been told the same thing by my dealer. How is it possible for it to take 2 weeks for an accessory to get anywhere in the country? If you are a "dealer", you should be able to get any egg or accessory within a couple days. Is BGE manufacturing the bottleneck? If so, why can't they just increase production?

LBGE - 2/12/2015

Chesapeake, VA

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I would be pretty pissed as well. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • AlbertaEgger
    I msged BGE Canada to see if I could by pass my dealer for one. 
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Understand the frustration. If they valued their relationship with you they would have cut you a special deal on it. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    Would have been mad too !
    Gambrills,Maryland

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I just went through my first attempt at using obamacare today and I am very PISSED OFF. And now drunk too. :anguished: 

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    I went woo and stone

• bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Blassiter said:
    I have been told the same thing by my dealer. How is it possible for it to take 2 weeks for an accessory to get anywhere in the country? If you are a "dealer", you should be able to get any egg or accessory within a couple days. Is BGE manufacturing the bottleneck? If so, why can't they just increase production?
    I think most of the dealers in Canada, at least Western Canada, only do a couple orders a year so you have to wait until they do a big order.  They do this to save shipping.  If you want something outside of those orders you have to pay the shipping yourself.  This is at least what I have been told by my dealer.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • st¡ke said:
    The BGE is a type of product where the end user generally knows more than the dealer.

Most every time I have dealt with a dealer (I have tried a number of them in my area), they generally are unfamiliar with the product, warranty, etc.

You seem to be quite the expert with 13 posts!

Its good to see you back Stike (or should I say st!ke now?).  You were missed.
    Flint, Michigan