Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need lump in Vancouver

Anyone know a good lump supplier in Vancouver BC? I know wicked good in Langley but it's hard for me to get out there. Please. 

Comments

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    You could check Lowes. They carry Basques Suger Maple. I think it's excellent!
    GWN
  • Thanks. There is one in New Westminster. 
  • I commute to work by bicycle and do not want to own a car. The two stores close have RO and Cowboy and they suck. The Home Hardwares (not so close) have Maple Leaf, but they are always sold out. I think there is a major increase in smoker use around here. Anyone thought of opening a bulk charcoal store or just charcoal dealer. I think there is a need. 
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    You can order maple leaf on the HH website and get it delivered to the store.  They email you when it is there so you can go pick it up
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • VANcouverEGG
    VANcouverEGG Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    interesting. Thanks. Now if only i could get a drone to deliver my lump...
  • bigalsworth
    Guess you better buy a trailer for your bike.  Maybe a chariot and put bags of lump in it instead of babies
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• a lump of babies. 
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    Costco has Basques for $12.99 in Ontario. It's my fav!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    Just order from Amazon. They will deliver Fogo lump directly to your doorstep. It's not the cheapest but it's damn good. 
    Dallas, TX
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016

@VANcouverEGG Try Canadian tire, they carry Royal Oak. Also Lowes carries lump too. Watch for their sale. A few of West Coasters watch for it to go on sales, sometimes 1/2 price. Thats when you stock up for sure. Welcome to this forum, lots of great people here.
    @Skiddymarker, here's another member to add to our lump watch list ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @VANcouverEGG - Welcome to the left coast crowd. Maple Leaf at your Local HH is the best bet as they have their own distribution network. They can bring it in for you (well at least the guy in South Surrey will as little as one bag at a time - I have ordered 10 bags and he gives a discount that pays the PST). There are other dealers for ML, but they deal thru the area middle man, NorthWest, they want over $25 a bag. ML is IMO the best I’ve used, better than WGWW or FOGO. RO is OK for lots of cooks, but it is just not in the same class as ML or even Basques Sugar Maple (Lowe’s in Queensborough has a bunch for $18). When RO is on sale with a BOGO, hard to beat $7.50 a bag. I’m checking out a pallet buy of ML - will let you know. 

PS - go here and add your postal code (even the first three characters) so we can be as good as those Albertans! http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166509/where-is-everyone

@TN2TX - FOGO is very good, but at Amazon Canada it is $98 for a 35# bag, plus shipping. It has been on sale for real world prices, but not for a year or two. 

@smokesniffer - Thanks, duly noted. BTW - you been in touch with @RRP?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Thank you for all the help. 
  • bigalsworth
    TN2TX said:
    Just order from Amazon. They will deliver Fogo lump directly to your doorstep. It's not the cheapest but it's damn good. 
    and @Skiddymarker Amazon does not ship FOGO in Canada anymore because it is considered a dangerous good, according to them.  I managed to get a bag from them before then discontinued it.  Now you can order FOGO on amazon in their marketplace and get it shipped from the US, that is why it is so expensive now.

I had a few bags on back order and got an email from them giving me this info when they canceled my order.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @bigalsworth - did not know that, thanks for the info. Last bag I had was over a year or so, it was a great buy when they had it. .ca vs .com comparison can be an eye opener on country pricing. I am close enough to the border I can order and have it shipped to a US address, drive across and pick it up.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bigalsworth
    @bigalsworth - did not know that, thanks for the info. Last bag I had was over a year or so, it was a great buy when they had it. .ca vs .com comparison can be an eye opener on country pricing. I am close enough to the border I can order and have it shipped to a US address, drive across and pick it up.
    It sucked when that happened, I really liked the option and found it to be just as good as maple leaf, even better for L&S
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    @VANcouverEGG - Welcome to the left coast crowd. Maple Leaf at your Local HH is the best bet as they have their own distribution network. They can bring it in for you (well at least the guy in South Surrey will as little as one bag at a time - I have ordered 10 bags and he gives a discount that pays the PST). There are other dealers for ML, but they deal thru the area middle man, NorthWest, they want over $25 a bag. ML is IMO the best I’ve used, better than WGWW or FOGO. RO is OK for lots of cooks, but it is just not in the same class as ML or even Basques Sugar Maple (Lowe’s in Queensborough has a bunch for $18). When RO is on sale with a BOGO, hard to beat $7.50 a bag. I’m checking out a pallet buy of ML - will let you know. 

PS - go here and add your postal code (even the first three characters) so we can be as good as those Albertans! http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166509/where-is-everyone

@TN2TX - FOGO is very good, but at Amazon Canada it is $98 for a 35# bag, plus shipping. It has been on sale for real world prices, but not for a year or two. 

@smokesniffer - Thanks, duly noted. BTW - you been in touch with @RRP?
    Yes Sir. Thank you.
    Large, small, and a mini