Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15th Anniversary dinner, suggestions welcome

Options
ksmyrl
ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
My bride and I will celebrate 15 yrs on Wednesday. I'm planning a nice dinner for Friday night, sans kids. Here is what I'm thinking.

Seared Ahi Tuna appetizer

Lobster bisque

Grilled romaine Cesar salad

Sauteed button mushrooms

Cast Iron Potatoes

Grilled asparagus

American Kobe Ribeye filets from Snake River Farms. Seared in the cast iron skillet then on the egg till medium rare. Pic is from SRF website, but the real thing looks just as good.

Suggestions are welcome to help me take this over the top...she deserves it after putting up with me for 15 years.

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Man if you can execute that many courses in a timely manner by yourself you don't need any help from me . Sounds like a great meal.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Diamonds! :relaxed: 
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Wow.  She is sure to be pleased by what you have planned.  How about a favorite dessert?  Cheesecake?
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• ksmyrl
    Options
    @Scottborasjr I've thought a lot about the logistics. I'll egg the steak, veggies, and potatoes. That way I don't have to adjust the temp too much. The sears will be in a skillet on my side burner. The bisque will be made that afternoon and be ready for the evening. Geese, I hope I can make it work. :s

• ksmyrl
    Options
    @mahenryak Dang it, I overlooked dessert. I've never egged a dessert. Any suggestions for an easy one on the BGE?

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Can I come??  :)
    GWN
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    @mahenryak Dang it, I overlooked dessert. I've never egged a dessert. Any suggestions for an easy one on the BGE?
    I would suggest a liquid dessert, like a good wine.

You've already got a 7 course meal going, maybe a thin dinner mint afterwards and hope she doesn't explode. =)

I'm a Monty Python fan, so I couldn't resist.

Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'd think after making such a great spread trying to Egg the dessert might be a bit much and you would like to enjoy the meal as well. Maybe if you can get a decent sorbet or some really nice chocolate like was mentioned above that won't be filling.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Nanook
    Options
    Ice wine and dark chocolate for dessert.
    GWN
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    You might want cut a couple things from that menu. You don't want to be too full for extracurricular activities! 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'm crashing your party if that's the menu. I'll play the hungry Sous Chef. :lol: 
    Congrats to you and your bride. :sunglasses: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Ya you dont need my help
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    If you pull this off you don't need any help here, you are my hero, good luck fellow egger...
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    I wasn't thinking you had to make it on the egg.  You've got more than enough going on there my friend.  :)
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    Oysters, chocolate, you see where I'm going with this....
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Leather chaps, collar and whip. .several drinks and order room service. #$! The egg....oh, plastic sheets and heated baby oil. Of course you could always cook.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    Ya'll are too kind, and funny. I'll take ALL the suggestions under advisement. Thanks again. If I'm not running around with my hair on fire I'll try to get some pics, especially of the steak.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Happy Anniversary. I'd have just made wings. And tater tots, of course. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Wow Kevin! That sounds great. I will bring a nice gift, sit in the corner, and clean up if you let me come over. 

She is going to love it. I will NOT be letting my wife read this thread. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I was going to suggest a nice restaurant in a kid free resort in the Dominican, but I guess that's a little short notice. Good luck. I'd definitely serve small portions as to not be too full.  =)
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I actually did pare down the menu a tad. Went with Cesar salad with homemade dressing and homemade croutons. Lobster bisque from scratch; found a 1 1/2 lb lobster tail at the market. This thing was huge. I even changed the steak to the other one we ordered with the SRF order and went with the 2.2lb bone in cowboy ribeye. This was  Prime ribeye from Snake River Farms site, but it was actually from Double R ranch. It was easily the best steak I've ever cooked and the best we've both ever tasted. Just salt and pepper, seared it then put it on the egg at 350 till medium rare. We shared it but we both ate our 1 lbs of beef.  Finally, a friend who is a wine broker gave me a bottle of Cabernet that was a sample for her straight from the winery. We are not wine snobs, but know what we like and this was wonderful. I don't even know the name of it, it had a non-commercial label on it. I stopped taking pics about 1/2 way through the steak cook. Forgive me. =)

Not sure if the order will be right, but here goes.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Great job Kevin. I am sure she was thrilled. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Nanook
    Options
    Awesomeness!!!
    GWN
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Nicely executed cook. We hit 15 years in May....looks like I should start planning now. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • JC5404L
    JC5404L Posts: 29
    Options
    Super menu - I salute you!  I've never been crazy about asparagus, but this looks like an interesting option...

JC
    Atlanta, GA
    Atlanta, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Tis not a steak. Tis a roast for 2 :lol: That steak is no joke.
    Everything looks fantastic Kevin. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL