Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buying Snake River Farm Locally

Options
DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
I was in a new butcher shop (new to me) and I saw Snake River Farms on a tag in the meat case that had been covered up with a new provider. I asked if they carried any SRF product and he said they had a few things left from SRF. They had one brisket left that was a solid 4" thick all the way through. Beautiful piece of meat. It didn't look like it was in an original SRF package although I don't know what one looks like. They wanted $11lb for that bad boy. It wasn't frozen. Have you guys and gals been able to procure SRF products locally? I thought it was mail order only. I wonder if it was really SRF. This has been bugging me for two days now. If it's legit it might go splurge on it. 

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    One time Costco here in Seattle had SRF roast beef sandwich meat for a steal. I regretfully only Bought one package, it was so good.
    It pops up , seen burgers and ham @ kroegers . 

In would love to buy a brisket and bypass shipping cost from what unread much of it is produced in the pnw.
    Seattle, WA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I did see that SRF is running a free shipping promo now....
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options

OK...Im on the fence here. Is SRF really that good or is it just the name? I wont mind throwing the credit card at my computer if I can get a witness! Haha. I have looked at their website and everything looks amazing. I have never had a wygu brisket.

St. Johns County, Florida
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Would I pay that much for a brisket at a big box retailer, oh hell no. But for SRF it is very much worth it.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I was in a new butcher shop (new to me) and I saw Snake River Farms on a tag in the meat case that had been covered up with a new provider. I asked if they carried any SRF product and he said they had a few things left from SRF. They had one brisket left that was a solid 4" thick all the way through. Beautiful piece of meat. It didn't look like it was in an original SRF package although I don't know what one looks like. They wanted $11lb for that bad boy. It wasn't frozen. Have you guys and gals been able to procure SRF products locally? I thought it was mail order only. I wonder if it was really SRF. This has been bugging me for two days now. If it's legit it might go splurge on it. 
    Where are you? I bought Kurubota pork in SF. They had some steaks too but no brisket. It was all in SRF packaging and backed up by SRF pricing. Great stuff though. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I'm in metro Atlanta @The Cen-Tex Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Someone in the Atlanta area posted that they bought SRF locally.  It seemed legit. I dont think they are mail order only.  With free shipping however the price may be similar.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Thanks @SmokeyPitt   I think I might go buy it. I want to see what all the fuss is about. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I've seen SRF at H-Mart (Asian grocery).  They didn't have brisket but occasionally have steaks, and almost always have thin slices of liter meat (from just above and below the blade bone in a primal rib) that is phenomenal for a stir fry or a super quick direct grill.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I have had SRF at a restaurant, but never seen it in a grocery store.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Dang-the free shipping almost got me again.  SRF is probably my most eggspensive web site.  Have two SRF black briskets in the deep freezer and if more showed up right now I doubt I could dodge the SWMBO bullet.  But to her credit, she does enjoy the end-product.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I want to try one. I'm not sure if I want to invite friends over because I might hoard it. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i bought a SRF brisket from Pattons Meat Market in Duluth. Give them a call. edit - just saw the link to my cook thread above

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA