Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multi-Egg Owners

Options
finster
finster Posts: 136
How did you grow your collection? Did you upgrade as you went?  Trade up?  Buy used?  Or all new?
MBGE in Charleston

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited March 2015
    Options
    All new here simply because of the warranty   Large was first then a small a few years later.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Bought new, although I tried to score a used one.  I didn't trade up or down; I just added based upon what I thought would best compliment what I had and how I would use the 2nd egg.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    All new here as well, although if a deal came up I could be persuaded to buy used. I have a Large, Medium and Small acquired in that order. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,092
    edited March 2015
    Options
    All new.  Bought to fit needs (I use need loosely.  Got the 2nd because I wanted it)  Only thing I've sold so far are some webers.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    All new. LG was first and a couple yrs later the MM. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Have sold a Small and a Mini. Also won a Mini at the Plano Fest. Bought 2 Larges and a Mini-Max. All new. Now this is the family. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I bought my large new, then got a small used, then sold the small and bought a new mini max

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Simple, one at a time. Buy one use it like it. Buy another one use it like it and keep going.  I always go new ones for the warranty. 

Coincidentally my wife just saw my Joe Jr for the first time tonight. I got the old evil eye stare...my reply was "I told you about this one long time ago". I won't be surprised to see some new pairs of shoes and purses this weekend.  Wait till she see my new Komodo Kamado when it arrives. I'll be spending a few nights in the dog house for sure. LOL.
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Bought LG then 3 months later ordered MM. Both new. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I drive around nice neighborhoods with my pickup. 

I kid, I kid.
    Options
    All new here simply because of the warranty   Large was first then a small a few years later.  
    Ditto here.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options

Can I place an order for a medium? :lol:
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    All new because of warranty.  First XL March of 2012 and the second XL three months later.  Gave away the brand new Weber Genesis S330 to my neighbor as a Christmas present since I never used it again.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    My XL was a batchelor for five years before a sexy new medium came into his life. She's every man's dream. She gets hot as he!l and doesn't take forever to get ready. Takes the meat like a champ! They are happily married now and planning the birth of a mini max next year. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I bought my first large egg from a dealer.  I then bought two used large eggs off Craigslist.  I gave one of the larges to my parents for Christmas and managed to run over the other used egg with my truck.  I bought a used mini on Craigslist and sits majority of the time in the garage collecting dust.  I ended up winning my fantasy football league to purchase my 1st small egg.  This past Thanksgiving I received a coupon good for Ace that was 50% off a maximum thirty dollar purchase.  I had to go check out the eggs accessories thinking I could find something under $30.  When checking out the eggs I noticed the small egg was on clearance for $299.  So with some additional discounts I couldn't pass it up. Haven't even used the 2nd small yet.  I figure it will come in handy at some point down the road.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    LBGE first then as many above, a few years later an eggfest demo pricing (never cooked on) SBGE.  Probably the more challenging question for many when initially deciding on the second BGE is "What size do I get?"  As you would eggspect the opinions run the gauntlet.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Going to my first eggfest in kent Washington this year. If I don't win the LBGE I might buy a second. Depends if the wife is with me or not B)
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Both new, bought Large first then Small for quick weeknight cooks and apps. I bought from a dealer for the warrenty.
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    All of my current eggs were purchased new. When I got my second egg, it was a used medium just to see if I would actually use two eggs on a regular basis. I sold that when I got my second large. Then I added the others along the way when I found deals that I just couldn't pass up.

I would only buy new due to warranty. It's just nice not to worry about "what happens if it cracks?"
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have saw you driving around my ghetto as well. I'll be watching you.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,092
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    I  managed to run over the other used egg with my truck.....
    You can't just drop that sentence in the middle of a long explanation.

That deserves its own thread and pictures.  How did you manage that?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    My first egg, a large was purchased new.  The second, a small, was purchased used, got a great deal.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Both new. Bought the large in 2012 and enjoyed the hell out of it, but wanted a second, and something portable.  I himmed and hawed over a mini for a while, almost pulling the trigger a few times. Glad I waited because they came out with the MiniMax, and it has proven itself quite useful. Great for a second Egg, often the main Egg, and fits perfect in the backseat of my truck with one of the seats folded up. It travels with me like a loyal dog. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    All new. L then S then Med then Mini.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    First one was a new large gift from SWMBO.  Second was the free Vision Kub.  I received it cracked.  Got my money back from shipping insurance.  I was told to holdon to it until postal inspector asks. A year later, I JB weld it and it's air tight.  Third was a SGE off CL.  Fourth was new KJ jr from Costco Roadshow.

2 have warranty and 2 are as-is.  Surprisingly, I use the Kub the most since it's usually the 2 of us.  I guess I'll need to get a mini someday if something happens to the Kub.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I got my large in December of 2012. I got my second large in the summer of 14. Both new. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    My first egg was a mini, 1 year later large demo from egg fest and now a Max.

All new.
    Seattle, WA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Bought the LBGE and within a week knew I wanted an XL.  Bought the XL planning to sell the LBGE, which I still have after four years.  Got the MBGE from my brother when he got an XL.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    My wife bought me a large in 2011 for my birthday, I had already been cooking on Eggs for a few years with my Egg Dealer and buddies around town.  This only sparked my passion even more.  I recently purchased a Mini Max and love it just as much, it is a great eggcessory to my large.  I may purchase a large demo from an Eggfest in the future, but for now, I love my setup!  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Large first, then found that sometimes a long cook got in the way of lunch, or supper, so I bought a small. Both eggs purchased new from same dealer in Bon Air, VA., near where I work. They will wait past their closing for me, if needed.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia