Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Do You Have A Nickname At Work?

Options
This winter I got tagged with "Part Time".  I've missed some days (usually Mondays) nursing a sore back from lifting heavy stuff at my Mom's house over the weekend.  My 6 year old has caught a couple bugs and needed to see the doctor.  Since Wilma works nights, I take our daughter to the doctor.

Years ago, I used to assess property for taxes.  During the holidays, I would wear a Santa hat while out measuring buildings.  My nickname back then was St. Prick.

So do you have a nickname at work?  
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Not mine, but a buddy was known as Chop. Not because he was on the healthy side, a-la Porkchop, but because he'd run around and be Johnny on the spot, Chop-chop style. 

He'd introduce himself as Chop, #1 in your heart and #4 on your blender". I'll always remember him for that. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Only behind my back. :angry: 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    My nickname at work is Pinky. I work outside about 80% of the time in the spring to summer and instead of tanning I turn red. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I picked up the nickname DW (first/last initial) at work a number of years ago. When I tried to sign up with that handle here, turned out you need at least 3 characters. Hence, DMW (middle initial added) here.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The Wolf. As in Winston Wolfe from Pulp Fiction (I solve Problems)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    The Glue
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    My nickname at work is Pinky. I work outside about 80% of the time in the spring to summer and instead of tanning I turn red. 
    I woulda tagged you "Patrick".

Flint, Michigan
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Does "Boss" count?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Not anymore. Retirement is good. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    They call me Chef.
    Cause that's what I do.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Long long ago there was a TV show called The Waltons. At that time a co-worker tried to hang the name Ronnie Jim Bob on me. While that did not last itself but RJB stuck for a few years after - but then I changed jobs so RJB also got left behind.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:
    Pendejo...idk but I'm gonna guess it means "great one" in Español. 
    Hahahahaha. Nope. 
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Fletch, Fletcher, jerk, boss, sir, and probably numerous colorful names behind my back.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    I'm sure that my graduate students have a nickname for me, and I am also sure that I don't want to know what it is.   I think it rhymes with "jackass".  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    henapple said:
    Pendejo...idk but I'm gonna guess it means "great one" in Español. 
    That's actually how you say "Tony" in Mexican. Next time you go down there, when someone asks you your name, just tell them that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm "Village Pendejo" or "Pueblo Pendejo"
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm "Village Pendejo" or "Pueblo Pendejo"
    Of course you are. Also, "pendejo del peublo". I asked the missus.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    damn you Mr. Smarty Pants!
    Options
    I've been known as Bronson to my friends since I was 16 and still am. That was many laps around the sun ago.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Who has put a pendejo on my Coke?
    Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited March 2015
    Options
    bud812 said:
    I've been known as Bronson to my friends since I was 16 and still am. That was many laps around the sun ago.
    Named after that show? (Then came Bronson '69 & '70) That was always one of my favorite to watch. To this day I can still sing the show's theme song. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    They call me Wig. Working in body shops everyone gets a Nick name. Anyone who has ever meet me will tell you what a easy going guy I am. And that's the way I am 98% of the time. But that other part is part is bad. Bad enough to be called Wig short for wigout. Being from a small town it didn't take long for it to spread. Now alot a people call me Wig and have for about 17 years now. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    TK (initials) was handed to me by my Freshman football coach 19 years ago.  The name stuck.  It followed me to college, and one guy didn't even know my real name until he read it in the football program our senior year.  It has lived on my arm for over 10 years.

Funny story, I went with my wife (GF at the time) over to her grandparents one 4th of July.  First time I would be meeting any of this part of her family.  She didn't talk much about them, just where they were from.  So we arrive and were sitting outside on the patio when her Aunt and Uncle walk up.  "TK, what are you doing here?  Want a drink, Crown and water right?"  Was the first thing out of her Aunts mouth.  Her cousins had played football where I had been a Student Assistant coach, and I had done a lot of drinking with her Aunt and Uncle at post football game get togethers.  Small little world.

No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    RRP said:
    bud812 said:
    Named after that show? (Then came Bronson '69 & '70) That was always one of my favorite to watch. To this day I can still sing the show's theme song. 
    Yep thats where it came from, I always had a M/C in my younger days. Some of the girls that I dated back then never knew my real first name.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    So happy to be retired but when I worked one of the girls nicknamed me "Monster".  Not going to explain that one.....but she loved me :-)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Bark or Barky. It was my Grandfather's from WWII in the Corps till he died and I  proudly took it in HS and during my USN time. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Cracker. I've been called it for 15 years and I have to tell ya some people have no idea what my real name is. I live in coal country so it is short for coal cracker. It does get awkward from time to time but its all good.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A$shole. I've earned it. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.