Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My recent Warranty Claim

2»

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I have posted this MANY times but my dealer (Hearth & Patio in Peoria, IL) is top of the heap IMHO. My personal experience has always been "walk in with a problem and walk out with the solution in hand". I have seen their inventory of warranty replacement parts. Their service is GREAT!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    I had almost the same exact experience.  My old dealer gave me some kind of excuse even when I brought pictures of the crack and the original receipt "proving" I had bought it from him.  I contacted BGE and they put me in touch with another dealer a lot further from my house who HAPPILY gave me a new fire ring.  That was two years ago and I just bought a Mini Max from him- happy to drive the extra distance for great customer service (and just basic all around decency).
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Getting a replacement fire ring for my Large next week.  Got in touch with my dealer about it over a month ago, but they don't keep a bunch of backups on hand. Other then the wait, not a problem what so ever..
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Thanks for replying back , it makes perfect sense, the expanding and contracting.if it happens to me it does, I plan to continue to learn to cook on my egg.y'all want a good laugh, my first attempt at beef short ribs were so tough that jaws from 007 days would have trouble chewing them.

• StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    I'm in the Atlanta area.  I wish you would disclose the dealer @EGGjlmh or at least what part of town.  I don't want to do business here. 
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    booksw said:
    I had almost the same exact experience.  My old dealer gave me some kind of excuse even when I brought pictures of the crack and the original receipt "proving" I had bought it from him.  I contacted BGE and they put me in touch with another dealer a lot further from my house who HAPPILY gave me a new fire ring.  That was two years ago and I just bought a Mini Max from him- happy to drive the extra distance for great customer service (and just basic all around decency).

This. Do you know why milk is always in the back of the grocery store? Because milk is the most frequently purchased grocery item, and they want you to walk all the way through the store, to potentially buy other stuff, before you find the milk.

A dealer should try to be uber helpful with warranty replacements. It makes an egghead more likely to return for other purchases.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ...and wal-mart usually puts the beer by the diapers.  New parents need to cope.
    ...and wal-mart usually puts the beer by the diapers.  New parents need to cope.

Dude, paternity leave was the best day-drinking evah! I miss it...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    My most frequent grocery item is something with ethanol in it.
    I'm in the Atlanta area.  I wish you would disclose the dealer @EGGjlmh or at least what part of town.  I don't want to do business here. 

Sorry, its actually in southern Indiana.  I was reffering as having "to go to Atlanta", meaning going to the mothership to get my claim processed.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    EGGjlmh said:

Sorry, its actually in southern Indiana.  I was reffering as having "to go to Atlanta", meaning going to the mothership to get my claim processed.
    Evansville? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    @Lit Think they'd replace a rusting and corroding grate grip tool? 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Eggjlmh, are you having to pay for the shipping?   I moved cross country with my egg, and fear the day I will have to ask the local dealer for warranty service.,.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816

@SmokeyPitt Actually about and hour north of Evansville.

@odie91 BGE is paying for shipping, they really are outstanding!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015