Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Variation

Options
Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife cooked up some wonderful salmon filets for us Sunday night. The method she used was to first prep the fillets with some salt, pepper and few other spices. We placed them on of a direct flame at temp of about 330. They cooked for about 30 - 40 minutes. We then coated them with a teriyaki basting glaze. Let them cook another 10 minutes added a little more glaze, closed all the vents and let sit another 10 minutes.[p]We really enjoyed them and just wondered if others had tried salmon with a teriyaki glaze and what you thought of this variation. We enjoyed it, but I can't say that we won't also still be doing the dill version as well.[p]Jethro

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Jethro,[p]Are you sure about those times? 60 min at 330 deg sounds like a long time. I did salmon filets last night and I did them at 350-375 for 20 min on a fish grid. I had charcrust on both and they were certainly done. Mine were 3/4" thick I guess. [p]Tim
  • Tim M, which Char Crust for salmon? I hadn't even thought of CC, but then I can't get over how much I like Gretl's recipe and Cat's Juniper recipe - in fact salmon is on my Thursday night menu plans. ^oo^~

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Tim M,[p]I can't say I am sure about the times. I would still venture that it was closer to 50 - 60 minutes in total than to 20. When we first started out we had the temp under 300 for approximately half of initial 30 - 40 minutes.[p]I was trying to emphasize the teriyaki glaze. My wife and I thought it was a nice change of pace from the way we normally grill the salmon.[p]By the way I need to follow up with you sometime about the picture posting. My ISP (Prodigy) makes me set up an entire Web page to post a picture. I would love to do this, but don't have that much time to spend on it currently.[p]Jethro
  • Tim M
    Options
    Jethro,[p]Prodigy, like any ISP, will give you space -- that's all. You can put exe files or jmp files or any type file you want into your space. When you do that you have given them a url, it would be www.yourspaceatProdigy.com/youracct/whaterverfile.jpg[p]You don't have to put anything into html format, just upload jpg images. You may need a FTP program to upload to your location on Prodigy. A good FTP program is at www.ipswitch.com[p]Email me if you have questions[p]Tim
  • Tim M
    Options
    salmon3.jpg
    <p />one feral kat,[p]One time I did a different one on each piece to see which I liked. I prefer the original and the hickory/molassas on most everything. The peppercorn/garlic is nice on pork chops.[p]Sorry about the picture - I need to take some new ones with the new camera. [p]Tim