Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Score! $7/bag-let the hoarding begin.

Options

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    great deal, those are 18lb bags right?

In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    @jls9595 
    Yes they are!  Beats the HD deal by a couple bucks. I didn't recall seeing a sale, so maybe they are clearing them out. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    @Terrebandit where was this at?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Looks like walmart garden section.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Dmax007
    Dmax007 Posts: 30
    Options
    Where did you get them?
    Large
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    Royal Oak sucks! You couldn't give me that ****.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    Chit!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Royal Oak sucks! You couldn't give me that ****.
    Lol.  You guys crack me up.

I use Rockwood, but for $7 per18 lbs RO hard to beat.  I say stock up and enjoy the good eats!!!

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    I believe it's a WalMart close out. I saw that price a couple days ago. 3 beat up bags at$7. Went back a couple days later & they were gone, replaced with the smaller bags at $6.98ish. Another WalMart had nothing but the small bags.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    DUDE!!! thats a steal...they pay you $7 to take that stuff? I think thats awesome... i mean i would pay $30 a bag for rock wood but thats me....dont get any ideas @stlcharcoal B)
    Beaufort, SC
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Terrebandit ...that's a good price. I don't care for it but we egged on it all weekend and put out some great food. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    henapple said:
    @Terrebandit ...that's a good price. I don't care for it but we egged on it all weekend and put out some great food. 

correction - some people cooked with it and put out good eats, while *SOMEONE* bitched and moaned about it all day long (and still put out some good grub) .

I think RO is pretty decent, especially at that price. Its lump, its readily available, and the price is right.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Wal Mart does that every year. One time buy thing. I'm down to my last bag of it from last year
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    My lump of choice is Nature Glo as that is best I can get around me. My next best is RO and I think it is better than people give credit for. It is a lot better than it was a few years ago. Is it strong, yes, but let it burn a while and I have had no complaints of food tasting smokey. I am sure it is no Rockwood but for $7 for 18lbs that is a hell of a deal
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    I bought a $7 bag at Walmart this weekend, haven't opened it yet but the last bag I bought was pretty beat up...  That said, $7 is pretty sweet and I'll probably see if they have anything left sometime this week.
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • MelSharples
    MelSharples Posts: 260
    Options
    Bought 4 bags at lunch today, $7 for the large bag, as promised. Thanks @Terrebandit for the heads up! It may not be the best but in my case I liken it to buying proV1's for a monthly round of golf, I'm not good enough to know the difference...
    LBGE 2015 - Atlanta
  • henapple
    Options
    I've found if you let RO burn a while. ..2-3 hours, the nasty smell goes away.  ;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    henapple said:
    I've found if you let RO burn a while. ..2-3 hours, the nasty smell goes away.  ;)
    Your just cranky because everything you love about life is imploding.  I even heard PBR might stopple bottling in the US and be strictly sold in India.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    My Walmart has it. They also had the same number of bags when I left as they did when I walked in.  =)

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • henapple
    Options
    @caliking will love that.
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I never get to participate in the deals. Wish I could have.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    You're welcome @MelSharples
    Picked up four more bags today.  :)
    Dave - Austin, TX