Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Short Ribs

Options
Monty77
Monty77 Posts: 667
All this talk and  pictures lately of beef short ribs on here have left me with no choice but to make a batch of my own.  

I got the Egg setup at 250* indirect, beef is rubbed with cooking oil, Cluck n Squeal rib formula, some cracked black pepper and kosher salt. Hickory and Jack Daniel's chunks for smoke.  Plan is to run them 3 - 3.5 hours in the Large, grill height and see how the look.  I might foil with red wine and herbs if required, otherwise, gonna let em ride it out for the duration till they hit 195 ish or pass the probe test.  

Here they are at the 2.5 hour mark, IT is 165* and the pull back is starting!  Smells amazing!  

Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

Comments