Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Red Hasselhofs, and a Ribeye, DST is cool for egging.

Options
anton
anton Posts: 1,813
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
Out west here in Ca, we just changed over to Daylight Saving Time, so I have light until 7:30-8:00 now, pretty sweet for weeknight egging.

Tonight was a quick standard for me, a Hasselhof, only this time red potato,( maybe a "Commie Hasselhof", Okay I'm just spitballin, you call it what sounds funniest). And a killer ribeye that was cut from a full roast of Angus Choice.

I cooked raised direct at 325-350F, and put potatoes on 45 min ahead of meat.
Put meat on at the 325-350F range for a few flips until I got 90ish internal, then I opened the bottom vent and left dome open to sear the bejeezuz out of it. Pulled around 119F internal, climbed to 130F on counter.
I like mine medium rare to medium, this was perfect for me.
Hasselhof was stuffed with chopped garlic, and real butter before, and after cooking.
Ribeye was rubbed with Peppered Cow, by Simply Marvelous co.
Thanks for reading.
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments