Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado not long now

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I forgot to confirm, everyone is required to sign an NDA, correct?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    what time is dinner more or less tomorrow night? At the usual place? thanks
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We will be there around 6. Same place. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    DMW said:
    I forgot to confirm, everyone is required to sign an NDA, correct?
    What happens in Salado...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ElCapitan
    ElCapitan Posts: 154
    Options
    Wife and I will be there.  It's our first eggfest and even though I don't post much, I am looking forward to meeting the characters on here.  Coming as a taster.  Might be a cooker in a year or two.  
    XL Owner
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    So jealous of all you peoples congregating in the Woodstock of Eggfests. Makes it even harder that I'm on vacation this week and really could have been there without the plans that SWMBO has. Everybody have a great time!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,967
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1:30am final check. All is well; using the force on both eggs  (no controller or maverick). They seem locked in around the right range. Nighty night and see you guys in Salado tomorrow evening. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    crap- Unit 1 ran away last light and was 350 when I woke up. Brisket 1 done at 9 am. In a cooler but I don't think it's going to hold all day.

Unit 2 is locked in at 240 and that brisket looks like it's stalled which was the plan. 

I'm putting a rutland on Unit 1 next week. It's been leaking for a while and is tough to keep low.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    crap- Unit 1 ran away last light and was 350 when I woke up. Brisket 1 done at 9 am. In a cooler but I don't think it's going to hold all day.

Unit 2 is locked in at 240 and that brisket looks like it's stalled which was the plan. 

I'm putting a rutland on Unit 1 next week. It's been leaking for a while and is tough to keep low.

Unit 1 & 2.  That's cute. ;)

I'm sure it will still be great man.  If its not....have them drink more.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,967
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cazzy said:

It looked freaking awesome. I just don't think it will hold all day. The other one won't be ready for hours. It was 17lbs so it was a beast. The one that's done was 15 lbs so i had to stuff it in there too. I think it was cooking around 300 or so, maybe 325. If it holds up for 9 hrs in a cooler, it will be good. Otherwise, it's brisket for lunch.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    cazzy said:

What Cazzy meant to say was have them drink more, it will be great
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You don't have to twist a lot of arms at Salado to get people to drink. We are down one Canadian raccoon this year so that may bring the beer consumption down a little. I'm not sure what Cali is going to do without a his supervisor there to tell him how to cook Indian food.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    At least @caliking is cooking this year instead of standing and watching from a safe distance so he doesn't have to introduce himself like he did in 2013.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I here ATF is staging a Command and Control Center just West of Salado. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    I sure hope this rain doesn't follow us down there.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I just a got a ticket in Cameron. Ticket says I'm middle Eastern. I don't know whether to believe it or not. Maybe popo knows something I don't? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    maybe you weren't speeding either - it's worth making the argument
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    We're gettin closer... Near Brenham. Bringing friends Red and Diane that some may have met at Brisket camp -- Diane was making some awesome margaritas.
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    oh... So you may NOT remember Diane because of the margaritas... Anyway NOLA and I will see you soon!
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    @Caliking sorry bout your ticket. Glad you'll be there though. I, for the first time in about 22 years, am on a road trip where I'm NOT  driving. Nice to be a passenger, though I miss the Bimmer... And the sense of control. BUT like the lack of responsibility.
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    Uh oh... We're 28 miles outside of Cameron. If we get pulled over, I'll be sure to give the cop a schoolin about geography and making assumptions based on appearance. That should work out well in the middle ofTexas.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    oh... So you may NOT remember Diane because of the margaritas... Anyway NOLA and I will see you soon!
    What about Jack Kelleher? I thought they made a pretty good bartending team. I know I had a lot of the margaritas...they were wonderful. Have a great time in Salado, I wish I were there.
    Lenoir, N.C.