Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which Eggfest???

Options
2»

Comments

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    jcaspary said:
    Sometimes I think it would be fun to cook at an Eggfest.  The problem
    is that a majority of the time it would be terrifying.  I spend enough time worrying what my family thinks of my cooks...
    So true...I'd be a basket case. I need about a decade more experience first. but this year it's our first eggfest...GA Mountain Eggfest. We are bringing two non-egging couples with us. Spreading the love man.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I didn't read through this but I go to eggtoberfest and egging in the mountains both every year and if I had to choose 1 it would be egging in the mountains. I want to take a week and hit up Salado one of these years also.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    jcaspary said:
    Sometimes I think it would be fun to cook at an Eggfest.  The problem
    is that a majority of the time it would be terrifying.  I spend enough time worrying what my family thinks of my cooks...
    So true...I'd be a basket case. I need about a decade more experience first. but this year it's our first eggfest...GA Mountain Eggfest. We are bringing two non-egging couples with us. Spreading the love man.
    See you there. Our first fest as well. 
  • Todd-Man
    Todd-Man Posts: 18
    Options
    My lovely wife surprised me with a trip to the Eggtoberfest for my 50th B-day and it was awesome, although I think the local fests are the best. I cook at the PNW  Eggfest in Seattle, and have a great time. I enjoy being asked questions by people interested in buying an Egg more than asking questions myself (engineer).  I have helped Smitty cook for a competition here in Seattle and have attended his Eggfest in CA and can say that his is one that should not be missed. We're planning to be at the Eggfest in Austin this year. As a side-note, if you ever get a chance to help Smitty at a competition, do not pass up the opportunity, it is both an education and a feedin frenzy.
    Seattle, WA
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Check out the write-up from last year's Georgia Mountain Eggfest by Necessary Indulgences before you book your airline tickets: http://necessaryindulgences.com/2014/05/georgia-mountain-eggfest-2014/    :)