Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If You Quit Posting, What Would Be Said Of You?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I don't get it and I'm pretty smart.
    My intelligence range is beyond that of most. That said, I figured it right out :wink: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    :rofl: Fred19Flintstone said:

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    SGH said:
    My intelligence range is beyond that of most. That said, I figured it right out :wink: 
    So, in which direction on the bell curve is your intelligence beyond that of most? :pensive: 
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

I've been trying to find the movie clip or a meme, but couldn't.

Remember the 80's sketch comedy movie "Amazon Women on the Moon"??  Particularly the "funeral roast".

Slappy White gets up and says, "I was asked to say a few words about Harvey.  How bout 'ugly' and 'cheap'!"

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Loved that flick @stlcharcoal :rofl: 
    Amazon Women on the Moon (1987) - leather scene: https://youtu.be/o04L3ptIkjI
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    If I quit posting today, I think most would say: Thank goodness and good riddance. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @sgh yep damn Skippy! :rofl: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Totally kidding Scottie. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • SGH
    Options
    @sgh yep damn Skippy! :rofl: 
    I knew you would draw first blood brother husker :wink: 

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    SGH said:
    If I quit posting today, I think most would say: Thank goodness and good riddance. 
    You know that isn't true. We are waiting on the cooks that you have been too busy to cook and post! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Where did Stike go?
    Options
    Go ahead and flame me here but... I posted that YouTube link but, yet when I  click it on my mobile it doesn't play. WTH?  Others on Android devices or Hipster with Apple devices is it playing for you?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I'm about as far from hipster as @sgh is from democrat, but it ain't playing on the iPad. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone if you quit posting, I'd wonder where the dude who posted all the OT threads that always had legs went. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Newbie here, wouldn't be missed.

Not true.  Every time you post it reminds me of the times I spent on my grandparents farm near Floyd.  Actually closer to Stuart, not too far from Fairystone State Park. 

BTW, I just inherited some land (29 +/- acres) in that area.  Want to buy it?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    SGH said:
    You call me a friend and say "I" would be missed, and then you post this "drival".  I know for a fact, you post far more meaningful & memorable posts than I do.  You have numbered units!!!  You've met and dined with fellow eggheads.  I'm just a member of the peanut gallery/village idiot that no one has ever met.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    SGH said:
    You call me a friend and say "I" would be missed, and then you post this "drival".  I know for a fact, you post far more meaningful & memorable posts than I do.  You have numbered units!!!  You've met and dined with fellow eggheads.  I'm just a member of the peanut gallery/village idiot that no one has ever met.
    I agree with @Zmokin!!!!  Quick to help out, very generous (Salado), entertaining, knowledgeable on a lot of subjects, and quick to stir the pot on a slow night/go off your meds.  Lol.  Hell you don't use your stamp of approval for a couple of days and people wonder what is going on.   
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    SGH said:
    @Zmokin - I would like to meet you.  Fix your oversight and go to an eggfest.  In June, me & my family are driving from Michigan to Tennessee to have some fellowship with a few forum members.  A bunch of folks are traveling to Salado from great distances at this very moment.  

Just gotta do it.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I don't think anybody would miss me, oh wait....they didn't!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    I think Scottie would be known as the best fisherman this forum has ever seen.  Someone rises to his bait every time!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I'd probably be known as an immature
    Maybe a couple other things too.    ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Options
    "He talked too much"
  • yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Options
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @Eggcelsior posted on the "Where Are They Now" thread that he misses the mountain pics that @stemc33 would include with his posts.  That got me thinking what do you think other forum members say about you if you quit posting?

Me?  I'm sure it would be something like "Good riddance!  That bastid was a boring jerk!!"
    Only by those of us that would miss you
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Legume said:
    I think Scottie would be known as the best fisherman this forum has ever seen.  Someone rises to his bait every time!
    A true master at it... Wait, would that make him a master baiter?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    yogi84 said:
    who...

Me

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    how many Little Steven's are there?
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Legume said:
    how many Little Steven's are there?
    That is a question Eggheads have been asking for years.  The Little Steven I met is a nice guy.  Oh, and he's little too.  I heard a rumor that there's a tall one as well, but I've never seen him.
    Flint, Michigan