Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If You Quit Posting, What Would Be Said Of You?

@Eggcelsior posted on the "Where Are They Now" thread that he misses the mountain pics that @stemc33 would include with his posts.  That got me thinking what do you think other forum members say about you if you quit posting?

Me?  I'm sure it would be something like "Good riddance!  That bastid was a boring jerk!!"
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I had noticed that @stemc33 hasn't posted lately. Hopefully he will return. A lot of us have missed @fence0407

If I went away I don't think it would really be noticed. I am not one of the heavy hitters here, and I don't post a lot of cooks. 

I like you @Fred19Flintstone, and I for one would miss you! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    edited March 2015
    *crickets*  .... in all honesty I am new and would expect to drift away without a whimper.  Ask again in 4 or 5 years then I would hopefully make the "where are they thread"
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2015
    I would totally notice @johnkitchens & @Ozzie_Isaac & @Fred19Flintstone
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    He was here?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NPHuskerFL
    That's good food for thought. I'm not sure if it would make it to epic proportions on a thread count for where is NPHuskerFL. :sleepy: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    "who?"
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    That's good food for thought. I'm not sure if it would make it to epic proportions on a thread count for where is NPHuskerFL. :sleepy: 
    Ha!  You took 24hrs off once and the place damn near collapsed!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    Forum withdrawal convulsions I tell ya :lol: @Ozzie_Isaac
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    I'm pretty sure the board would let out a collective shrug of indifference.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    edited March 2015
    Wait - you did stop posting.  Remember you took a day off to protest social media and teach a lesson?  It almost lasted 24 hours as I recall.  =)

edit - damn, Ozzie beat me to it!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited March 2015
    Smokeywho?

You all probably have me confused with one of the other 100 members with smokey (or smokin, smoke, etc) in their name. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Yall would miss my big manly unit :wink: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    I would miss you brother Fred.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    I was a member of a great forum years ago focused on rimfires.  We had a venerated member die.  He lived on in his threads and advice he gave freely to the hundreds of active members.

I suspect the same would happen on here with a few of you.  That includes @SGH .
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    Smokeywho?

You all probably have me confused with one of the other 100 members with smokey (or smokin, smoke, etc) in their name. 

Nah, @SmokeyPitt, I would definitely miss you.  You came to my defense once in a discussion about thermometers (or something) and I appreciated it.

... or was it one of the other smokey guys around here...?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• "Now I can spend my time ignoring someone else!"
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • The thread is a softball for self-deprecating humor.  I'm not going anywhere except to the Mid-Tennessee Fest in the Boro on June 13th.  Shameless plug there!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Ozzie_Isaac
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    it probably wouldnt be hard to create an app that lets me be here indefinitely. thats something my app might say, or did it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

• I don't always play softball, but when I do....
    Flint, Michigan
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited March 2015
    If I stoped posting my guess is SGH would say something like this:

"Just curious if anyone knows what became of TexanOfTheNorth‌ ponder‌ and ChillyWillis‌ ? I really liked all 3 of these fellows and enjoyed interacting with them. They just up and vanished like a fart in the wind one day. Brother Chilly had been speaking with me on a nightly basis and then was just gone. Does anyone know if they are ok? As I said earlier, I really liked all 3 of them and enjoyed their posts and would just like to know what became of them. Thanks in advance."

sadly this is not the first time I've been compared to a fart and probably will not be the last. 
    ;) 
  • SGH
    @ChillyWillis
    I'm sure glad that you are back brother Chilly. 

Status- Standing by.

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    @SGH I used to see your stamp of approval but have not seen it in a while. Does it take a very special cook to get the stamp of approval. 
  • If I stoped posting my guess is SGH would say something like this:

"Just curious if anyone knows what became of TexanOfTheNorth‌ ponder‌ and ChillyWillis‌ ? I really liked all 3 of these fellows and enjoyed interacting with them. They just up and vanished like a fart in the wind one day. Brother Chilly had been speaking with me on a nightly basis and then was just gone. Does anyone know if they are ok? As I said earlier, I really liked all 3 of them and enjoyed their posts and would just like to know what became of them. Thanks in advance."

sadly this is not the first time I've been compared to a fart and probably will not be the last.  ;) 
    You forgot "They're three of my favorites."
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Tinyfish said:
    @SGH I used to see your stamp of approval but have not seen it in a while. Does it take a very special cook to get the stamp of approval. 
    I awarded it to ChillyWillis last night on his flank steak cook. In not on near as much as I use to be. Been working long hours for a while now. 

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    That's a great question, though I guess I would be known for chopped BBQ/Lexington, NC guy instead of pulled BBQ.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    That's a great question, though I guess I would be known for chopped BBQ/Lexington, NC guy instead of pulled BBQ.  
    I would remember you as a fellow "non weight watcher". No nibbling at all  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    SGH said:
    I would remember you as a fellow "non weight watcher". No nibbling at all  ;)
    True, true... :smiley: 

Oh yeah, "The guy that posted the infamous fork picture".  Forgot about that one.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site