Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Augusta National/Masters room is coming together

Options

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I played 2 holes at lunch. It was all I had time for, but it sure was fun. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I played 2 holes at lunch. It was all I had time for, but it sure was fun. 
    That sounds real good right now.  I've got the itch and am happy that the weather is finally breaking.  If it dries up enough, I may head out in the next week.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    We are expecting rain everyday for the next 7 days, but it is in the 70's today. Very nice. I have got to improve my game. I can tell I am rusty. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    @YEMTrey nice room always cool to see some cool golf rooms.  FYI technology in irons has developed over the years so much your cutting your self short on your game.  I was a avid PING EYE II user for 20 years in the last two years I switched AP2's and wont look back just be prepared to drop some coin and have them fitted by a professional.  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • YEMTrey
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @McStew, Funny thing.  Right next to my stand bag with my Mizzy's in them is another staff bag with a set of Ping Eye 2's in it.
    I was working at a golf store that took trade in's at the time.  Guy came in with a set of Ping Eye 2 Copper (square grooves) that was 2-SW all matching serials and green dot.  Needless to say, they never hit the floor at the store.  I bought them that day.  Played them for a bit and now they sit in my collection, lol.  I'll try to post a pic tonight when i get home.  Nice clubs, but the offset head I couldn't get used to.
    Steve 

• McStew
    Options
    @YEMTrey haha not many people out there using green dots.   I think those are 2.25 degrees upright so unless your 6'8" those are basically useless.  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    McStew said:
    @YEMTrey haha not many people out there using green dots.   I think those are 2.25 degrees upright so unless your 6'8" those are basically useless.  
    Yeah.  I just couldn't pass on them.  My golf and craft beer obsession is equal to my Egging obsession, lol.
    Luckily I've been disciplined and live below my means on a very modest income so that I can do that.  I don't have a Mcmansion (less than 1500sqft) and get the most out of my cars.  Just enjoy my hobbies.
    Steve 

• McStew
    Options
    If you ever wanted to you could have any dot color bent to meet your requirements.  But as always a good collector item to have 

Dot ColourHeight measurement Wrist to floor measurement
    Maroon - 4.5°  upright6'2" to 6'9"38" to 40"
    Silver Dot - 3.75° upright6'1" to 6'8"37¼" to 38½"
    White Dot - 3°  upright6'0" to 6'7"36¼" to 37½"
    Green Dot 2.25° upright5'9" to 6'6"35" to 36¾"
    Yellow Dot 1.5° upright5'6" to 6'4"34½" to 36"
    Blue Dot 0.75° upright5'4" to 6'2½"33¾" to 35¼"
    Black Dot Standard Lie5'2¾" to 6'1"33" to 34¼"
    Red Dot 0.75° flat5'1" to 6'0½"32¼" to 33½"
    Purple Dot 1.5° flat5'0" to 5'7"31¼" to 32½"
    Orange Dot 2.25° flat4'10½" to 5'6"30½" to 31¾"
    Brown Dot 3° flat4'0" to 5'3½"29¾" to 30¾"
    Gold Dot 3.75° flat3'8" to 5'2"29" to 30"
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    @jls9595 I agree- will never understand his thought process; when he was winning he had the perfect golf swing.  Why would you feel the need to monkey with it? Game too easy? But i do like the young guys stepping up- 
    IMO, he can no longer swing that way - too many back and knee injuries.  If he could, he would.

I'd like to see him putt better, that's a game ender if he can't get that back.  He used to get in trouble off the tee and save it on the green.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • McStew
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    @jls9595 I agree- will never understand his thought process; when he was winning he had the perfect golf swing.  Why would you feel the need to monkey with it? Game too easy? But i do like the young guys stepping up- 
    IMO, he can no longer swing that way - too many back and knee injuries.  If he could, he would.

I'd like to see him putt better, that's a game ender if he can't get that back.  He used to get in trouble off the tee and save it on the green.
    I couldn't agree more with your comments injury or not no one can swing like he did over a entire career 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • YEMTrey
    edited March 2015
    Options
    McStew said:
    Wolfpack said:

I couldn't agree more with your comments injury or not no one can swing like he did over a entire career 
    That and, let us not forget what PED use does to the human body.  I was a big Tiger fan, but he just couldn't leave well enough alone.  When you win the Masters by double digit strokes your swing is good enough.  Just like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.  Would have been first ballot hall of famers, but their ego would not be content with being amazing, had to push it farther and farther.
    Hopefully Tiger figures it out soon.  He's getting up there in age and the young talent keeps coming out in droves is going to make it harder and harder to compete.
    Steve 

• vegas slim
    Options
    i had a forum member send me some augusta stuff  years back it includes a 2000 masters flag badge and other goodies i think his name was larry and i still have it hanging on my wall LOVE IT
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Ugh.  It's finally in the fifties around here, but it's too damn wet and it's going to be raining four of the next six days so no golf in my near future.
    Steve 

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @YEMTrey
    well it's no motley wall but it'll do. jk lol. Cool memorabilia. 
    My father instilled in me the mechanics of the swing when I was 8. I am 43 now and when I'm struggling I go back to those lessons in my mind. I play to a 4/5 handicap. 
    We watched the Masters with great fervor until his last days. I will cherish them always. 
    I said I would get there for us one day. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    @Mickey if there were a BGE golf tourney there, I'd figure out a way to make it to Salado...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    McStew said:
    @YEMTrey nice room always cool to see some cool golf rooms.  FYI technology in irons has developed over the years so much your cutting your self short on your game.  I was a avid PING EYE II user for 20 years in the last two years I switched AP2's and wont look back just be prepared to drop some coin and have them fitted by a professional.  
    Me too. I played eye2's forever before getting a new set of PING's fit at their nFlight center. Amazing club stability. 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    @YEMTrey
    well it's no motley wall but it'll do. jk lol. Cool memorabilia. 
    My father instilled in me the mechanics of the swing when I was 8. I am 43 now and when I'm struggling I go back to those lessons in my mind. I play to a 4/5 handicap. 
    We watched the Masters with great fervor until his last days. I will cherish them always. 
    I said I would get there for us one day. 
    I would love to be able to retire to Florida, and make the drive and volunteer at the Masters tournament every year.
    Steve 

• McStew
    Options
    28 Days count down 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    24 days to go!
    Should be a good tournament.  Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth and Bubba Watson look to be in good form coming in to the tourney.
    Dufner, Kuchar, Couples, put all these names on the first page of the board and it'll be a perfect tournament!
    Steve 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Want to see Rory complete the slam 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I have no problem with that at all!  Just doesn't seem like his game is in form to win it this year. Would totally enjoy watching him get around Augusta and win it!
    Steve 

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Spieth looked real good this past Sunday. I just hope Mickleson will make it into the weekend.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Chubbs said:
    I have no problem with that at all!  Just doesn't seem like his game is in form to win it this year. Would totally enjoy watching him get around Augusta and win it!
    That tee shot on 10 still haunts him....
  • vegas slim
    Options
    the best thing about being a volunteer is they get to play the course each year!! SIGN ME UP!
  • McStew
    Options
    20 Days!!!
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • McStew
    Options
    I'm still worried I wont be able to see much of it from Vietnam and Cambodia but I think I have it all figured out ..... Sling Box don't fail me now  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Thanks for the comments.  There's just something very special about the Masters.  Especially living this far north.  Coming out of a harsh winter, the Masters signifies the start of spring.

I'm still negotiating with the wife, trying to get her to wear a white Augusta caddy jumper and wait on me all weekend!  Not sure it'll go too far, lol.
    Now if you could talk her into wearing only the the white jumper that would be a weekend!!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    17 days to go.  Starting to plan my cooks now.
    Steve 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I was there working members tourney on Friday. Looking pristine as always
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I was there working members tourney on Friday. Looking pristine as always
    You lucky dog.  I'd move to the area just to be able to do that.
    Steve