Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

No Egg for 18 months!

Rev JimRev Jim Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Most of you do not know me.[p]I have been a proud egg owner in Atlanta for about 8 years. I bought one after traveling the competitive MIM BBQ circuit with L&L Cooking Crew who taught me everything I know about BBQ and the other cookers who swore by the egg as their personal smoker. I posted somewhat regularly, but got away from it, although I come to the site several times a day (yes, a day!).[p]Interestingly enough, I think I know TRex's father who is also a United Methodist Minister and used to fill in for me at Woodlawn UMC in Augusta, GA when I was the pastor there from 90-95! But, I digress.[p]I received orders today to report to Ft. Hood, TX on Monday. I'll be there for several months training with an Aviation Brigade (Chinooks and Blackhawks) before we head to Iraq this summer.[p]I simply want to say how much the people on this site have meant to me. You are truly a community. I have learned so much from you. I'll still be checking the forum regularly, but will be separated from my beloved egg. Other than leaving my wife and three teenagers, that's the hardest part. For some reason I did not feel I could leave without expressing all this to you (my apologies to those who find this maudlin!)[p]What many people do not understand about the egg and cooking is that we do not do it for ourselves. I have repeatedly told people that I cook only for the people I love; it is a way of sharing my appreciation and affection for the people I care about. I cook for my family and friends as a kind of sacrament.[p]So, thanks for being a helpful and supportive community for me for so many years. When I return I pledge to be a more active member. My blessings to you and the folks you cook for![p]CH (MAJ) Jim Higgins
Atlanta

Comments